Odyssey Feed ~ Issue #8

The Odyssey Feed
The convenient weekly newspaper for Arcane Odyssey
Produced and written by Fang C. Percy.

(Put date here. (EX: 12/13/2020)

Trello News

We have some even better news on the progress of our very own Arcane Odyssey. Last week, we had some pretty boring news… But that changes now! With more trello updates, to leaks and a video, it doesn’t stop coming! :nod: Here we go.

First, we can see the words on the trello “Shura gives 150 reputation when defeated instead of 30.” We can only presume Shura is an evil preset NPC, which is pretty exciting. Wonder what that will be like.

Side quests!

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 9.42.02 AM

As you can see, we have new and improved side quests! Can’t wait to do some of these once AO comes out. And different dialogue when completed before? Sounds like the detail Vetex would put in! We also observe that the first side quest is under development.

Smaller changes now. New sound effects have been added to climbing, Tools will instantly equip to you if you have an empty slot. :eyes:

More things about quests and their GUI. The quest tracker feature on the quest GUI is now functional. If you already have that quest tracking already, it will say “You are currently tracking this quest.”

We also have been informed about another NPC, this one being a side quest giver. We believe this is a repeatable quest, but unsure still. Her name is Audbjorg. She gives you a wooden fishing rod, along with 25 Fish Bait upon accepting their quest. This most likely serves as a fishing tutorial, being so early on in the game. (Redwake seems like a “Doom Island” type of place in the story.)

And another NPC with a side quest here! This one seems more important. Though it doesn’t specify what it is, we can assume that it is a certain quest seeing context after.

This quest (Or another one) fixes a bridge near central Redwake, which we can assume is important. The NPC that gives this quest is named Hundi. Also, this is a quest chain and not a single quest to fix the bridge, as specified on the Trello. :sleeper:

Here’s something interesting with limb loss and armor…

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 10.19.33 AM

As we can see, the armor actually protects you from limb loss, but at the cost of your armor at the place you would’ve lost your limb. However, if you lose the limb while unarmoured, it will be lost. In an armor break, you will only get half the bleeding you would normally get, so there’s still a risk you will die. Only some armour does this, and you can get it back by re-equipping/dying/leaving, among other possible and easy ways. Sounding good! :nod:

Repeatable quests now fully functional. Excited for these. New dialogue will be given after completing it for the first time.

New tiers! We can see that there are rankings of a quest’s difficulty and length. Here they are, left being the least and right being the most.

Difficulty: Easy, Normal, Intermediate, Challenging, Hard, Insane, and Legendary.

Length: Short, Average, Fair, Medium, Long, Adventure, and Odyssey.

These new tiers could add some immersion to quests. Especially the Odyssey one, it matches the game title! Sounding cool.

However, now we come to the biggest part of this week’s news. This was pretty easy to miss if you weren’t on the forum at a specific time. Vetex has actually released a video on his channel showcasing the new GUI. Note that some of this still might not be final, but it’s looking insane. Enjoy watching this!

There’s too many things to cover in this video in a single newspaper. So i’ll be going over some important stuff.

Alright. First of all, look at that ocean! Looks like Arcane Adventures! And that rain as well! Even leaving little splashes where it lands. You can also see an effect anywhere you tap, which looks super neat.

Also, the new inventory and UI is looking absolutely fresh. Much more neat and organized! :nod: And remember that “shine” thing? Here’s where it comes in play. Lots of cool looks.

Did I mention how mental Redwake looks? Vetex says himself it’s not finished, but it’s sure looking quite good to me!

We have a large amount of new information about the new NPCs in the game. We talked about some of these characters earlier, but didn’t have a huge insight into their purpose. While Vetex looks through the GUI, we can see several quests, as well as their difficulty and length tiers. :frhigh:

The first quest we see is “Helping Hundi”, which is a normal short quest. In this quest, we need to help Hundi, who is trapped in his house. The Jaw Pirates destroyed the bridge. Once the quest opens, the warehouse will open and you can fetch him some wooden planks!

Looks like we’re having some more immersive quests. Doubt the first one here will be repeatable though. We see Audjborg later, though we already know about that. Here’s another:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 8.31.10 PM

Whoo! And look at this Lightning Magic UI! The color of it changes depending on the magic you’re editing. It’s looking cool. And hey, there’s my name. It’s almost shocking… :fr:

If you go to 1:17, you can see the reputation bar going down as Vetex breaks some crates. As told on the trello, it shows the loss of reputation and the reason.

And that’s the end of our video!

Also, @anon85429269, with permission from Vetex, gives us the new music in his own youtube video. I love this music, it perfectly matches Redwake and emanates high quality! :nod:

This is mostly it for this week, besides some smaller trello changes. A new NPC named Gisli has shown up on the Trello, and we’re seeing things about Bandits and their camps. He’s added those, plus all the chests and private storages!

The trello also shows that there is a secret area… :fr: Let’s see how long it takes for people to find it once AO comes out, haha.

Forum Topics of the Week

Here’s a familiar but powerful suggestion that gained lots of traction. This suggestion by @SparkySalmon_iuayo gives us a practical sense with item drops. They suggest a pity system. For example, if you don’t get a 50/50 drop in say, around 60 or 70 times, then you would get a guaranteed drop. This might help keep interest in the game!

Something I didn’t know until today. In this topic by @Meta, an open testing for a game called “Venia” was announced. I didn’t know about this project until today, but it’s inspired by World of Magic. I’ve seen some screenshots, and i’m sure the creator would appreciate it if you joined! The test will only last through the weekend, so hurry! :nod: Venia was made by @Jeni!

Another cool interesting topic to take a dive in… Lots of ones similar to this one this week, but this one seemed pretty neat. It you could fix or add something on Arcane Odyssey, what would it be? I’m still thinking about this one. Make sure to share your opinions there and here! This topic was made by @CrimsonCreate. Creating he is!

Art of the Week

488f33dd89e44303db06d23cf648432c553f0f41_2_281x500

Here’s “To An End” by @BNTarwarn. This is part of a collab in which artists create art of writer’s stories. This art depicts @Robotstics Ultimatum.” I really like the look on this (Though it was inspired by other things.) Congrats to both of these people for a cool piece! Love how the characters look. Reminiscent of a Star Wars movie cover heh.

Writing of the Week

We didn’t have many choices for writing this week, but the few choices sure were good! Decided on “Corruption and Curses: The Hound” by @liu ! (Which is renamed Macobre haha.) In this very scary piece of writing, we can see the backstory of a very twisted “Headless”. Not even sure if it’s recognizable at that point. Disturbing and good. Read it!

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last week’s Riddle Solver is… Nobody. Moving on to a new riddle this week!

~

This week’s Riddle is…

Crystal Synergy!

_ _ _ _ _

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next week’s issue! No cheating!

Thanks for reading this week’s edition of The Odyssey Feed!

18 Likes

Hope everyone enjoyed this week’s issue. The new allowance of MP4 files should make putting videos from Vetex’s twitter a lot easier. Kind of rushed, so sorry about that. Lots of good art and topics this week, as well as a long Trello News section! :point_left::hungry:

1 Like

for the riddle
could be either of these honestly
Metal
Light
@Cryonical :fr: both are 5 chars both synergize
ill go with Light, though, cause it doesnt destroy the crystalized status effect

1 Like

sorry to break it to ya but that art was made on the last day of 2020 lmao, people bumped that for some reason

1 Like

very cool news

1 Like

Got it lol

oOp

Hey nice, I didn’t know about the Venia game. Thanks for shedding light on it.

1 Like

æ leggoooooo

1 Like

Another great post.

1 Like

Nice, though recently on the trello it mentions a “lost necklace” and “Shark Hall Guards accessories”. I feel like Redwake is going to feel a lot more like a hub for people to gather, with the spikes on top being for PvP. It also mentions possible changes for the law system, with fines disappearing. IGL, I kind of want the Grand Navy to be brutal, more fun for bad reps and gives a better reason to hate them.

1 Like

Yeah, didn’t have time to add the other stuff so I will do it next issue haha.

ez skill issue

1 Like

the crystal synergy is most definitely either metal or light
i think that would be the theoretical meta crystal combo

1 Like

It was light!

Very good

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.