Delete the forums

How about someone just make a poll ez

this one is kind of true tbh, donā€™t know if people have allergic reactions to arguments or they feel the need to insert themselves in an otherwise perfectly ToS disagreement, but the speed with which mods close topics here has always kind of peeved me.

if they arenā€™t doing shit that isnā€™t ToS, how tf is it anyoneā€™s problem that the argument is getting heated? let the participants chew their heads off, not really your business as a non-participant.

obvious exceptions include religious or political arguments since those very often lead to non-ToS territory.

1 Like

youve been typing for 10 minutes god mother fucking damn no one is gonna read it

1. forums has no use anymore as the game isnā€™t being updated, and the forums was specifically made for WOM
  2. its dry as fuck with all of its members already out of topics to write about
  3. special snowflakes that go around crying and bitching about anything, effectively having the post closed. A really good example is one of my posts:
    (spoiler alert: they started an argument, insane right?)
    (also also, the same person has said this in a previous post:
    pretty ironic, right?)
  4. off-topic has almost no use in a forum space either way, so removing it literally wont do jackass shit
  5. the argument that ā€œthere are people around here that iā€™ll lose!!ā€ is stupid, because discord does exist, and you donā€™t have to join vetcord to interact with them, you can just friend them
    and finally,
  6. why the fuck do the forums exist

didnā€™t that person request for the thread to be closed :fr:

did they? well fuck there goes one of my arguments
ok fixed it
also mb to the mod that closed it, i didnt know, im a fucking dumbass

lmaoooo ripp

where do you suppose off topic topics should go?

youā€™re quite literally bitching about getting the forums closedā€¦ Itā€™s not that deep lol

General is often one of the best places to ask testers or mods stuff and the most active place in this community iā€™d say, honestly the forums to me used to be the place where youā€™d get most of the information from, aside from the Trello, give suggestions (gone) and regular topics about the game and all, but since thereā€™s rarely any leak that side of the forums is pretty much almost gone temporarily and maybe enjoy a talk with a few people, like the train topic, but now itā€™s mostly just snowflaking and people getting mad over a single joke or muted for saying a single thing.

what i say when people argue against ā€œif you donā€™t like it then leaveā€

2 Likes

people be more active on discord than here (at least the ppl who ā€œmatterā€ to the community if that makes sense)

Offtopic is just the thing that should specifically be disabled until AO releases, everything else can just be there, thereā€™s nothing very enjoyable in offtopic of what iā€™ve seen every time, iā€™m just saying it being closed is just better, itā€™s really dry and thereā€™s snowflakes everywhere over a single thing, not even needed to be a rant, people get mad over a single joke or a comment, and sometimes muted.

but y tho?

yeah, that wouldnā€™t really bother me. ppl can dm or go to discord or any other mutual platform

i just wanna post art, thatā€™s all i ever wanted lmao

3 Likes

nothing about that explains why the forums should be closed, just because its not as active as when the game just came out and has restrictions due to tgr that doesnā€™t mean its worthless. a lot of people still get their information here, like on this thread that wouldnt be possible on the discord

Iā€™m not saying the forums should be closed, iā€™m saying specific channels like maybe offtopic should be disabled (people can still view but not make new posts), until AO releases, the rest staying as it is.

that thread is possible on discord
just make a webhook that looks at the trello every so often, and if it finds a change, it posts it
itā€™s really not hard

dont even bother arguing with luke its never gonna end

2 Likes

obv its not as active as when the game released, but dont you think seven months since the last major update and at least another four until another is a bit of a stretch?