Discussion About Items being Wiped

Recently I have made a post about how hundreds of rare items (sunkens, calvus gear, etc) were wiped from several users inventories, just for their accounts being low lvl and they had items above their level. Again I will be talking about this situation since this seems pretty major and nobody really paid attention to that thread.

To catch you up, this was done because exploiters had been using low level alts as essentially dirty-item-laundering banks for their spoils of war (or spoils of being a neckbeard, however you’d like to imagine it)

I had a personal friend affected by this situation. One day I was going through discord talking about his situation to others and lo and behold Joshiba and his friend has had the exact same problem as my friend did!

When both of these guys went to staff to ask for some helping out both of them were just told to shut up and deal with it. Exact words: "Intentional game design, can’t do anything about it

Only Noober (W Staff) put the time in to respond to Bacon/Club Collector’s issues. I don’t know how Joshiba’s and his friend’s situation is but judging by discord conversations it seems like they got the same treatment.

Here’s what my friend has to say:

woohoo teepee!!

I understand that as a developer having script kiddies is very annoying, however the ends do not justify the means. At this rate, more regular users have been affected than exploiters. And this situation will only get worse with time. Right now many people are too busy getting caught up with the easter event stuff. Once this is over, maybe some people will check their bank accounts. Then they’ll find 80 percent of their stuff is missing.

Hey retard what’s the purpose of this post the text is too long for me to read!

People got their rarest stuff wiped on saves that had low levels and nobody is getting anything back

11 Likes

There really isn’t a whole lot to discuss, almost everyone agrees it was dumb as fuck
But here’s box getting affected

vet should really notify his community of similar changes in the future to avoid these kinds of situations

4 Likes

i mean he kinda did in the trello but i get what u mean

I feel like a major wipe should be at least announced on discord, not everbody reads the trello.

4 Likes

simply posting a trello note won’t do since there are a lot of casual users who don’t follow up on development updates that much and are somewhat left in the dark as a result; instead a community announcement in his discord would be much better

I doubt they would do anything unless proof is provided about innocent users being affected, but then again i don’t know if the average trader with bank alt accounts would take the time to screenshot or record their stuff before the wipe.

Just another day on Ohio Odyssey.

first it was the shark infestation, then it’s whatever the hell this is, what next? strength builds become overbuffed and start terrorizing the meta?

oh wait.

1 Like

so thats cool and all but it already happened
no going back

happened to gems as well :sob:

you said it yourself

Yeah exactly

Gems was justified since there was a way to mass farm them, but nobody really gives a fuck about those to put it bluntly

We’re dealing with boss drops and sunken here

Can’t have shit in the War Sea bro

1 Like

A major wipe like this shouldn’t happen in the first place.
Deleting items above a character’s level accomplishes literally nothing.

It isn’t preventing dupers from duping, it just makes them progress the files they dupe on to level 125 before they do.

its better than it was in AA where it felt like a full inventory wipe would happen every other day, but that does not mean its good.

2 Likes

I think Vetex should make it so that people who got the items before it happened should keep it

At least for gems it was stated in the Trello that they’d be wiped, so a fair share of people knew ahead of time. Gems also don’t compare at all in value to some of the items lost, the only people that had a valuable amount of gems were the dupers who needed to have theirs wiped in the first place

Uncommon Artanaris L

Update my friend keeps malding: