Do not give Sharks Damage Resistance

Do not give Sharks Damage Resistance https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/9/4/9457598c6fd3b66b1ca50f0e0a2604bed208f5bc.png
effort 4.0 5 quality 4.0 5 reasonability 4.941176470588236 17

TheSharksgetstronger

This is odd, I know, as suggestions are usually for things already in the game or what people want to be added- this is to ask something NOT to be added.

I can go into long details about why Sharks are already rather annoying to fight as is, how much of a struggle it is to face them, and how Vetex has made tweaks that make them more specifically difficult for certain types of players to fight then others, but I won’t.

Instead I will simply ask for you to vote for this, a petition if you will, to prevent, or at very least, overturn this addition to the game.

My Compromise

I know Vetex wants people to use ship attachments, and this is the reason for the implementation, so here is my compromise, rather then give all sharks this buff and make diving almost impossible for anyone who hasn’t grinded for ship attachments, give Sea Monsters this buff. That means Megalodon, White Eyes and Poison Jaws are tankier, and necessitate the attachments, but regular sharks are still able to be fought and killed by players mid-game and up.

EDIT:

Thank you all for helping out, the change has been made by Vetex:
POWERTOTHEPEOPLE

16 Likes

DO NOT.

TBH just buff ship items, especially since they fuck over hybrids

6 Likes

Yeah, ship weapons can be seriously underpowered:

Are you a berserker? I’m a 150 strength warlock and my harpoons do the same amount of damage

1 Like

yes

Please vetex its incredibly painful being jumped by so many sharks without anything to combat then with

for fuck sake, vetex made this water update so annoying with that, as if it was not enough buffing the spawn rate by 100000% he made them resistant

Okay, what the actual heck is that damage? You’d be better off jumping in and using literally anything else.

(Personally I just jump in and use greatsword tempest for sharks, it one shots most of them)

make attachments deal more damage is my compromise

honestly why hasnt vetex considered this yet

Perfectly reasonable suggestion.

Please fix this vetex ik you see this

No. This is a PLANNED feature. This isn’t in yet, but it will be.

If vetex dosent want us killing sharks by hand, why not buff the shark hunting attachments???

Oh, that’s not me in that clip. It was a 250 strength berserker using throwing harpoons.

Basically for now just get the shark egg/egg of the abyss before this becomes active.

That way you won’t have to worry about them when you have to use toys on your ship to combat literally krakens

1 Like

oh so throwing harpoons are just universally awful

agreed
the monster hunting attachments dmg is doodoo

He’s buffing them by 25% too

They’ll do 47 damage if they did 38 before

1 Like

By the way, mathematically, even if sharks take half damage:

I do 160 with a blast, a ship attachment will now do 47. At half damage I would do 80, double the attachment I have to farm hours for. Why would I use them anyway? Unless he makes sharks actually immune to regular damage, the ship attachments dont do enough damage to warrant their use in any scenario.

1 Like