Drabbles of Durza the Dark Wizard

Writer’s Notes:

i made 5 drabbles for durza and all of them aren’t really connected, just five 100-word stories with durza for funsies

also, I wrote this in one go + the only strict rule I had is 100 exact words for each story, so yeah.

also fun fact: I planned to do 10 and upload at the same time but I got lazy half way through

Cube

Durza strolled along the forest, just like every day after school, when everyone else got to play with their friends.
     Unnamed woods and all things to find in this place—Durza was glad no one else bothered visiting this place.
     Not wanting to return to his village anytime soon, he delved deeper inside the forest. He might be able to find new friends there.
     Noticing the purple light glowing among the greens, he followed it as he moved the leaves out of his way.
     Something purple…?
     He brushed off the darker green leaves out of it, revealing a large purple cube.

Power

Durza placed his fingertips on the cube, before resting his hand down. As he ran his hand on the cube, a sensation rushed through his fingers, arm, body, and everywhere.
     Numbed by the rush of energy, everything was blank around him.
     He fell back on the grass, and the forest returned again. But no large cubes were around right now.
     The energy left behind its trace with his senses. Something just happened to Durza, and he could feel it in his body.
     Durza couldn’t find any words to describe this exact feeling.
     The closest word he knew would be…
     “Powerful.”

Absorb

Durza dragged himself out of the collapsed ruins, and laid down as he finally got outside. His left arm couldn’t move, and it hurt like hell.
     The sound of magic and destruction forced him to look around, and he spotted a bandit attacking everyone and everything along their way.

Stop this bandit, Durza thought, as he raised his unharmed arm towards the bandit, and the familiar sensation rushed through his body again.
     The bandit’s magic circle disappeared, and they collapsed into the ground.
     He clenched his fist, and he felt something hot—yet powerful, urging to be unleashed from his hand.

Attack

Durza unleashed the powerful energy from his hand, not even knowing what it is—until he noticed what came out.
     A light magic circle on his hand, and a magic blast that flew and crashed onto the ground.

Finally!
     He grinned, knowing that he could finally cast magic, and he would definitely do it again.
     Towards the unconscious bandit, he cast his magic circle and aimed at them again.
     His light magic struck down on their body, and he began to recite the spell names he studied in school.
     Blast attacks, explosions, beams—and as the finisher, a barrage at the bandit.

Curse

The earth user cackled at Durza, as their arm turned into dirt.
     They’re definitely a curse user.
     Knowing that he couldn’t drain their magic like the others, Durza aimed to drain their life force instead.
     “Ack!-”
     The cackling opponent fell down on their knees, as their skin paled, and their voice suffocated. And not for too long, they laid still on the ground, dead.
     Durza grinned as yet another powerful force run through his veins. An excellent sample for his collection was now his—the Earth Curse, something he’d been searching for.
     And now it’s his turn to laugh at them.

7 Likes

durza :D

3 Likes