⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ New Year, New Leaks!

Published by Fang Percy.

Monday, January 3, 2022 (US)

Refer to the table of contents on the right to navigate sections of The Odyssey Feed.

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Dusty Tavern

By @Tobi

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

:scroll:

The Hook!

Welcome back to another anchor of the Odyssey Feed! It’s been quite a long time since i’ve released an anchor, so there will be quite a lot of information residing inside this very topic! If you’re not caught up with the latest news on our favorite game, buckle in! Or not, since you’re not in a moving vehicle right now and there would be no point :fr:. But regardless, let’s begin.

(Also, have a merry christmas and a happy new year. Too late for that? Oh well :cold_face:!)

The first thing we have to talk about is a new island/mountain, the Stepstones, which reaches so high that it skewers even the cloud level. Finally, I can go inside a cloud :mariomug:!

And when you reach the summit, you’ll notice some new ambient wind effects at high altitude, as well as the fact you’re not freezing to death… The heat you lose from high altitudes is halved now!

You’re hungry, you say :frhigh:? Why not enjoy a delicious Sky Apple, which grows on the very top of the Stepstones. What is this foreshadowing, though :thinking:? In the meantime, here’s some QoL changes that might make your experience better!

I’m looking forward to seeing that sail texture, I wonder what it looks like :nod:! Here’s a few more.

We’ll be hearing that perfect block sound a lot in combat, so I hope it’s a satisfying and motivating one! And the new parrying effects should also be fun to see. I bet they will! Not like i’ll ever see it coming from my character, of course :frcryin:.

And a little buff to blocking. The blocks are blockier than before :shield:!

Speaking of perfect blocking, it’s called parrying now. I could’ve sworn I saw that change before, but… Have I told this to you guys before? Is anything real :sleeper:? There’s also been some sea-level wind particle additions and changes.

Remember the stepstones? Getting to those delectable Sky Apples won’t be as easy as you think, due to the inconvenient falling boulders which will promptly crush you. Trekking down the side of the mountain, these spiteful sediments bear a singular goal; to mash you into a living pancake. And once they do :flushed:

On a lighter note, if you’re below level 40, Sharks and Sea Monsters will not target your ship. What a relief :nod:!

But one certainly would be confused when apocalyptic aquatic abominations begin to annihilate their rowboats upon a single level threshold :fr:. It will be a good thing, though, new players shouldn’t have to deal with those things :+1:.

There’s also a smaller chance for rarer sharks, so you might have an easier time sailing. On another hand, the 22nd part of the story, Ravenna’s Secret, is now completable.

Hey, remember the Stepstones from earlier? They don’t only contain Sky Apples (Which are good enough, in my opinion for the climb it takes to get up there) but a SKY ISLAND called Cirrus Island. It has NPCs, towns, lanterns next to the paths :cold_face::ok_hand:, crates, and more. Here’s a small sneak peak of just a small part of it that Vetex released on Twitter…

Isn’t that amazing? What do you mean, you can’t see anything? Well, don’t worry, @StarForDays is here for the rescue. He cleared up the fog for us…

It seems as if the summit of the Stepstones feed up into Cirrus Island. How interesting. Look at all those bridges and structures! With this, Story Part 23 (Ascend to the Skies), 24 (Return to Ren), and 25 (The Cirrus Mystery) are completable. Who’s Ren? Nobody knows :mariomug:!

And if you like all this scenery :v: (Or the story), don’t worry. You’ll spawn at Cirrus Island once you reach part 25 in the story :nod:. Unrelated, but jumping takes no stamina now. We love to see it!

If you want to see more of Cirrus Island besides that one screenshot, here you go!

In this clip, Doc is fighting Mimhere on Cirrus Island. There’s no new attacks to show in this short PvP clip, but a lot of screen time for the town in Cirrus Island. Here’s a few screenshots I took:

This gets me pretty excited. It seems to be in a state of permanent autumn, so that’s gonna look really neat floating in the sky. Imagine walking around here on maximum graphics :star_struck:.

What’s this? Why would they need a shipwright for a SKY island :eyes:? More on that now. Take a look…

How’s that for excitement? Sky ships are in the game? No way! That’s because this image is actually PHOTOSHOPPED! Bow down fools! …Just kidding, of course. Unless? Well, no i’ll stop now. UNLESS? I should really stop. It’s real :+1:.

Hopefully version 1.8.15 does a better job at telling you the exciting thing about Sky Ships than I do.

First of all, the Skyship flies (duh), and you can press “E” to ascend, and “Q” to descend… but which makes you go up and which makes you go down is really up to intuition right now, as the trello doesn’t specify :nod:.

But what about the “Sky” part of Skyship :thinking:? The Skyship runs off of the same technology which allowed the existence of Sky Skates in Arcane Adventures; Your Skyship will have Sky Skate-like machines on it’s bottom called Skyalises which allow it to fly and float :tornado:. To infinity and beyond!

Because of this, Skyships have energy bars :battery:. To fill the energy bar of your Skyship, you must pilot your skyship over a sky island, and the bar will slowly recharge. This bar will drain over time while your Skyship is flying.

Skyships also have altitude meters. Flying below or above this altitude will drain the energy bar of your Skyship much, much faster, so make sure not to do that :flushed:.

Here’s a video which shows off a bit of Skyship gameplay :sunglasses:!

While on the topic of the end of that video, if the energy meter on your Skyship runs out, the Skyship will succumb to gravity and plummet into whatever is below it, becoming a great threat to what it’s shadow is cast upon :boom: (Well actually, i’m not sure if it deals damage, but it sure crashes into the ocean fast :ok_hand:).

Avoid running out of energy by flying above Sky Islands when your energy is low, and not going above or below the altitude “safe zone”, as that will drain is much faster.

You can spawn a Skyship at the Cirrus Island shop for free, I believe. However, for obvious reasons each player can only have one Skyship spawned in at a time. It will be deleted when the owner leaves the game, resets, or spawns another Skyship :nod:.

If you don’t take my word for this stuff, which you shouldn’t, just talk to Grant Cirro on Cirrus Island to be granted some assumingly more trustworthy advice.

Part 26 of the storyline, Taking Flight, is now possible, as well as huge visual and audio improvements to the ocean. Vetex has also dabbled into some experimental Roblox material textures, and it’ll probably look really dang good :sunglasses:.

There’s also some Sky Wilderness islands with Sky Pinecones. Boreal Sky Forests! Speaking of this, one of these Sky Wilderness Islands shows up on a new banner for the Vetex Discord Server.

Zooming in, that looks super cool, and you can even see Redwake in the background. This game is going to be quite exquisite! Besides this, we now have some better splash effects. Mushrooms in caves also glow less.

On that Storyline grind. Take a look at v1.8.19!

You can probably scrape bits of storyline from these patch notes, but i’m not smart enough. Onto some more information! And another image.

The Myriad is a library in the sky separate from Cirrus Island that contains every book ever written (according to whoever made it, probably :fr:.) Vetex released an image of it on his Twitter page recently. Take a look!

Big tree surrounded by a ton of books? What’s not to like? It’s pretty interesting looking, and I like all those green glowy particles a lot :ok_hand: Part 31 of the Story (The Ancient Library) and Part 32 of the Story (Wise One) are completable as well.

You’ll most likely travel to the Myriad using a Skyship, so Vetex made sure to add some cloud islands inbetween so you can recharge your Skyship’s Skyalises.

There’s a new animation when you land from a mid-air dodge and are still going in the direction you dodged in. It looks like a dodge, and is only cosmetic. We don’t know much more, but it’ll be a nice immersion feature. Speaking of immersion…

Finally it’s here. The cat crew! No, what are you thinking? Real cats! This is not a drill! You can have cats as a crew! And pet them!

This is amazing. Take my money, Vetex, take it all :money_with_wings:. I want a crew solely made of cats. Literally god-tier content :star_struck:.

Somewhat of a more obscure change, but any references to Hex Marks have been removed from description of Ancient & Lost Magics. Instead, it implies that you read the scroll and learn how to control it. Interesting :eyes:… Thanks to @SpectreTheFox for finding this.

This is a small change, but it’s nice to have, unless you want your characters to canonically have a set age :sunglasses:. Every 365 in-game days in Arcane Odyssey, your character age stat will go up one.

3 in-game days pass every hour, so the age stat will go up one every 121-ish hours you play. That’s a lot of time :clock:! The base character age is 18, so every Arcane Odyssey year that passes will add one to that.

Not only that, but some bosses are now repeatable :cold_face:! Not all bosses can be repeated, but a large amount of the fearful foes with nice drops and a fun challenge will be able to fought an infinite number of times. When fighting them after defeating them for the first time, they will have “(Mirage)” after their name, just so it’s not clear they’re not canonically there :ok_hand:. Bully bosses to your heart’s content!

Speaking of “canonically”, part 33 of the Storyline (Ancient Symbols of the Sea) is completable. Something about the Ancient Language :mag::thinking:?

Part 34 (A Forgotten Order), Part 35 (Neviro’s Insight), Part 36 (Searching the Skies), Part 37 (The Order’s Hideout), Part 38 (Also called the Order’s Hideout. Typo :fr:?), Part 39 (Thunderstorm), and Part 40 (Interrogation) are now completable. Wow :poggers2:!

Before you finish Part 33, Ancient Symbols of the Sea, the Order tab in the Info UI is titled “???” and reads that you must progress further in the story. But now that part 33 is completable, the Order tab is accessible :nod:.

The Order tab collects and contains clues that you have collected on the members of the enigmatic Order. When you collect a clue about one of the Order’s members, their silhouette appears. Selecting it will show you all the clues you have found about this person. Caught in 4K :camera_flash:.

After you collect all the clues about one person, their identity will be revealed and you unlock the person to fight as a boss. You’re trying to find the identities of Barons and High lords, who rule over the Order. It seems this Order may be responsible for many of the evil deeds you’ve seen so far in the story :scream:.

This is probably the coolest thing i’ve seen so far in Arcane Odyssey. An evil organization, which the many leaders of can only be sniffed out by compiling clues you’ve found through the storyline :flushed:. This is super unique and I love this aspect of the storyline. Become Sherlock Holmes :male_detective:!

Besides this, Part 41 (Return to Iris) is completable. Iris redemption arc :eyes:?

Speaking of Storyline, depending on things you say and do in the story, it will add variables to your Info UI which will change the story in the future. Literally Undertale?/!?!?1?

It’s been a long issue :fr:, but we’re finally down to our last nuggets of information. There’s a new boss located somewhere on some sky island, named Elius :nod:. He’s most likely fought on Part 39 of the storyline, and then is perhaps interrogated. Looking at the names of the Story Parts, it’s plausible he could use lightning magic, and/or be on a stormy island :lightning_magic_var1:.

The boss has a 1/7 chance of surrendering a singular boss drop upon defeat. In his drop pool is a chestplate, leggings, 3 weapons, and 3 accessories. Every single one of these drops has a level range of 60-160 range :thinking:. One of the weapons has a unique skill derived from the boss’s attacks. Can’t wait :poggers2:!

All of these drops besides the weapons have 16 color variations, so there’s a lot of customization to go around.

Finally, we have a few other changes. We have some level adjustments to the Frost Brigand armor and Iris’s bracelet, to make them more viable later on. We have a nice improvement to the Boss Animation Pack :ok_hand:.

And now, you shouldn’t be able to hit the ocean floor as easily by jumping off a sky island :fr:.

That’s all for this anchor. See you next time :wave:!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

New Year’s Resolutions for 2022?

By @LichdaDerp

A new year is upon us. Whether it will be worse (apocalyptic :flushed:) or better than 2021, it’s going to be quite the ride for sure. And with a new year comes resolutions. I resolve to publish an anchor of Odyssey Feed at least once every 3162610365178346178651036741637516064017341283560 eons :cold_face:. What do you resolve?

:art:

Arcane Art!

May all frost burn to ashes of Ravenna

By @Soraa

There was so much art this week AAAARRRGH I just had to choose one. So I went with Soraa leaking a few panels of the next chapter of Sora Odyssey; Frostbite Burn. This is looking sick, I can’t even start to imagine the effort going into this. The fight here is super epic… I’ll be sure to read this when it comes out :mariomug:! The look and glow of the magic is eye food by the way.

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

Drabbles of Durza the Dark Wizard

By @BNTarwarn

BNT illustrates Durza’s backstory in a way no one has before (Or at least I don’t think so :fr:). They tell his struggles and rise to power in a series of five paragraphs, each rich with detail :nod: (compared to my writing :face_vomiting:). See as Durza absorbs the curse, and fends off pirates from his home, in a turn of events that would change the Arcane Universe forever.

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @wvalkw! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”120”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

AO Days/Hour

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

Arcane Odyssey Trello

Vetex’s Twitter

https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g-bY1NSipocqpo5yian1F1QKlGivK2bV

The Arcane Lily

Have a good 2022!

26 Likes

Same :frpensive:

4 Likes

Ngl I’d been neglecting reading the trello for ages since it just became boring and mundane, but this helped a lot to get me caught back up and stay interested. Well done :handshake:

3 Likes

HONEY THEY POSTED ODYSSEY FEED AGAIN

3 Likes

:pensive::handshake::pensive:

2 Likes

From that screenshot I can gather this much:

• After setting sail, we find ourselves in a bit of a scrap with an unknown party (perhaps members of the order?).
  • We find a mysterious symbol after defeating all of the enemies (most likely a symbol of the order).
  • We then go back to Cirrus Island in order to ask someone about the symbol we found. This then (presumably) points us in the direction of the mirage library and the sky boss; whom we interrogate about the order (with the interrogation having an interesting red option that changes the ending of the cutscene).

6 Likes

I’ve still got my hopes up that the symbol thing is referring to the Ancient Language, haha. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean… Maybe? It doesn’t really specify in the trello, so it could.

1 Like

Happy 2022! Also how come I’m not in OC development?

1 Like

Dude, you shouldn’t just act like everyone needs to know who you are. You could kindly ask if you could be included, not act like its a crime if your not

3 Likes

it was a joke

1 Like

You never gave me a link to your trello/topic :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh okay.

1 Like

Im still making it but i’ll give it to you later.

1 Like

Alright. :nod:

1 Like

That I remember, news update every in-game day, in other words, every 20 minutes. Assuming the daytime cycle is still the same as in WoM, then you would get 3 AO days per hour. Am I correct?

Also, brief edit to the message, good job again, as usual, i really like the quality of these posts

4 Likes

I hope that there will be time skips in AO.

1 Like

Like Genshin’s? That’s difficult (almost impossible) to add in a game like AO, it would make sense as a single player game but it would be very difficult to implement, and if it was, it could be a complete mess.

2 Likes

True but i honestly think it would be for story purposes, your still correct, however.

Yeah, it’s 3 :ok_hand:

1 Like