Drop your OC statuses

I have made the Player character nonexistent in this AU, with the intention that others can insert their own characters into the universe and create stories surrounding the invasion. I want to know how they’re dealing with it – are they tearing up hordes of Atlanteans at Ravenna? Are they hanging by a thread as they attempt to survive another day? Have they mutated into a horrifc beast and are terrorizing poor refuges?

Note: This AU and scenario are meant to be a challenge. If you want to be able to tell a decent story in the context of this AU, you need to add some stakes that causes your characters to grow and change (figuratively or literally, if you decide to mutate them). It wouldn’t make much sense if your characters retain their original abilities and skill levels from the game, as they have not undergone any of the canon events that took place in the original timeline. They’re meant to be a different universe counterpart to your OC, not directly ripped from the game!

Formatting for Trello submissions:

Name + Title (if applicable):

Status: (Alive/Infected, Healthy/Injured, Stage of Mutation, etc)

Insanity Level: 0-5, 0 = 100% sanity, 5 = 0% sanity

Whereabouts: Single or Multiple Locations, if OC’s story is overarching

Story: Can be a short bio, or a whole one shot lmao go crazy

1 Like

i think im terrorizing poor refugees without being mutated tbh

2 Likes

Becoming the Gordon Ramsey of the War Seas’ (I insult people over their subpar Atlantean cuisine)

My OC, Diane Darke, originally a sea monster descended from Typhon in the game’s context, is now a normal human.

She was infected when the invasion broke out in Ravenna, and turned into a Lost Sailor for a a bit until she was captured by the Order of Aesir, a secretive organization that pledges to be working on a cure for the infection. Diane, with many other Lost Sailors, were experimenting on unethically, much like how the original Order operated.

Eventually, they couldn’t stall her mutation for very long since most of their resources have been focused on the more valuable subjects in captivity, and Diane began undergoing the transformation to Stage 2, “Lesser Mutated,” in which the victim becomes contagious. Due to the Order’s failure, they euthanized her before she could become dangerous. Her story is one of many similar scenarios that happened within those dark holding cells.

Being faithful to her OG version, she was going to mutate into a sea-serpent-like Atlantean.

one (Spartacus) been forced into politics and nearly given up on life dealing with paperwork up at Orthys + he has to manage the entire fighting force of Orthys, along with diplomatic relations with the folks at the sky islands. he ain’t having a fun time. it does not help that he was raised by Argos who in my head canon avoided politics like the plague. he’s probably going to die of overwork or politics before Atlanteans get him

meanwhile the other (Matthew) is just chilling with his crew up at the northeastern corner of Pelion on the side facing the Jaws with said crew fully kitted out in virt enchanted gear + dozens warding potions as he was part of the G.N dark sea recovery division before this went down. needless to say, he’s probably gonna just chill until this blows over, seeing as his brig is tanky enough to endure days of assault without having to stop and have the crew repair once.

Wait that’s where my guy was originally hiding. Maybe yours arrived after mine left and they missed each other.

My guy’s gonna be booking it into Mount Caesar as fast as he can. Once there, he’ll try and make himself useful by joining in with the scavenger groups, but he’ll soon be approached to secretly gather “special items” for Prince Revon in exchange for extra rations. He agrees, but he can’t help but wonder what Revon needs these items for…

hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if it has to do anything with a certain infected king…

it would be hilarious if 2 ship captains pass by each other both with incredibly tanky brigs and were just like “hey wait a minute-”

In all the chaos, the two ships that could probably survive the worst of it are just chilling in the corner away from everything

can my brig join it has like 21k+ durability

under 30k smh

I don’t actually remember it’s probably like 25k

Kristen and Winters finally finding peace in this AU, if that peace meant being stuck on a broken iceberg and being surrounded by 300 atlanteans :mariomug:

Sorry, but you’re not safe. Even in this AU

the words “safe” and “Abyss Sea” have never once been seen together in a sentence :sob:

Melissa Booth ( Wind/Ice Mage ) - probably got murdered by Morden when he got infected, or, a happier ending(?), currently staying at Elm and trying to survive with Edward

Sonya Cherry ( Knight ) - died defending Palo, or maybe still alive and is helping defending Redwake, depending on when the infection start

Theo: Dark sea explorer and merchant.

Sand conjuror that sails a brig almost entirely made out of exotic materials from the dark sea and would probably help people get their hands on much needed items like golden petals, narwhal horns, mutated fish scales (legendary/golden), stormsalt, saint lily’s flowers, and various gemstones.

Not only is the ship a step above the average atlantean ship, it also isn’t manned by near mindless mutated beasts.

The entire crew is armed with powerful warding potions and the highest quality atlantean weaponry money can buy. (bronze has nothing on whatever these things are made of)

“Wings” would have parkoured across the atlantean blockade and gotten onto mount othrys, subsequently then deciding to make the titan caverns much harder to get through just for fun, maybe make it real easy to collapse, then just live with poseidon peacefully.

Oh boy.

My boy, Aritz Arcturus… He’s fucked.
More than likely, he’s gonna be working overtime as a merchant, never getting the chance to rest or even go on his original adventure, constantly being pushed to the limit with deadlines to move resources, saving refugees, and fighting swimming and running Atlanteans.
His original adventure doesn’t even begin - he’s still maintaining his ~level 140 equivalent Conjurer days, but not holding up too well mentally.
He’s either gonna stress himself to death, or he’s gonna get infected… And… Drive a dagger into himself to avoid becoming one of them.

Bro gets messed over so hard either way and loses his spirit :sob:

(I might make a post-Warlock version though just 'cause this one ends so terribly and in a rather typical boring-grimdark way)

hmmm so my characters, most of them currently would be in a different sea, but this would probably be happening to every sea in the war seas most likely

Cameron Torres my sand conj:
They’re my mc sorta. But if none of the events happened to them, they’d go from being a farmer in Sameria that’s bored of the monotony of their work, to running for their life and hiding out in the desert wilderness for as long as they can. They’d be able to fend off a few lost sailors and lesser mutated atlanteans thanks to their sharpshooting skills, but they can only survive for so long in the desert before they run out of supplies. At that point they’d try to book it off Sameria to somewhere uninfected. They’re weak and they know it, their guns might have bought them some time, but they’re cornered, no matter where they go in the sea there’s atlanteans, and with a diminishing food supply, they have to resort to other ways to keep themself alive. Throughout their journey they change from being the naive, bright eyed, person they were into a selfish monster that steals and kills others for food and supplies, all the while justifying more and more atrocities for their own survival. And slowly, before they even realize it, the infection starts to take control.
Oh yeah and considering they were never captured by the order and experimented on in this universe they’d be magicless so no sand only gun gg.