Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I will not stop hoping for Silent Tower (though I will not be disappointed by whatever we get (Vetex has to have cooked something amazing))

I don’t but I love spreading misinformation :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: (/j)

vetex said a while ago in patreon chat

1 Like

Ngl I wish the islands were all more spread out and filled more of the map

Oh, you mean spread out like

THIS?!?!?!!

for endgame boats its fine, but even frostmill-stepstone takes a while for newbies, and god forbid those clueless people who still use sailboat till Nimbus

guys here me out Keraxe might be onto something

“I’ve optimized the game to a point it might be safe to bring back unanchored destruction.”
He did in fact not optimize the game to that point

Volcano island

:slight_smile:

The shield change is pretty cool, i never understood why small shields stay on your back while you are always holding heavier ones

To be fair, WOMs’ performance was equal or worse than AOs (to my memory), despite being much less complex and generally smaller. He has also made a lot of improvements such as render distance and the unloading of far away players + islands, making memory leaks the last big issue.

I just bought patreon to see it :sob:
It sounds cool from what I read, speaking of though how do I get my forums role

WoM’s performance was horrible because of the moving NPCs (pretty sure Vetex said somewhere he won’t bring back the feature because of this)

anything sailors lodge or earlier is still a nogo for setting up camp

personally i think the pvp level should be boosted up to 125 after we get a bit more story done

The lowest I would put the pvp level requirement would be 120, that way players would already have their awakening and potentially access to reflexes

Instead of removing it up to 120, how about instead that people under level 120 can only PvP other people around 15 levels of themself?

Honestly a 15 level range for PvP would improve the game so much, the vast majority of consensual PvP happens within that range, and later in development a level 600 guy shouldn’t be able to one shot some guy trying to get their awakening

15% not 15

1 Like

I’d say between 20 levels of themselves tbh

Well remember the bronze sea is vertical not horizontal like nimbus

Also he could just increase the base speed of boats

Will leaking Patreon after the update in question has been released get you banned or no?