Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

this is fake

yeah, everyone knows taxes aren’t real, so you can’t evade them

taxes just became real
tax evasion didn’t

are you for real?
I forgot to check the patch notes for earth this month, must’ve missed it :frpensive:

same I haven’t been checking much still waiting for the Mars DLC

yeah, that’s going to be pretty fun once it finally releases

back on topic of AO, i wonder how much progress has been made on the building side of this update as far as percentages go
once the framework is set I would imagine it being very easy to add new structures so long as there’s models for them

I think vetex will just reuse a bunch of the old parts
probably with updated textures though

1 Like

Bruh I thought it was real for a minute.

Oh god I love it please let it be real.
:rofl:

2 Likes

OH SHIT ITS THE ARCANE IRS (invalid)

1 Like

time to make that an actual clan and ask people for money
if they don’t reply, I just kill them (or at least try)

So hold on, does that mean that clan people and non-clan people are now separated?

really dislike this one, i think in an mmo players shouldnt be seperated into 2 seperate places since itll make trading and interaction hard, as well as making it more difficult to recruit/join clans

basically for people that find it confusing, clan members get teleported to an identical copy of the sea places, meaning to get in servers with clanless players theyll have to use the server browser or join them/be joined by them

2 Likes

this is the closest we will ever have to pvp/pve servers

2 Likes

I’ll say it: Horrible change.
I know clans have really been seen as PvP for most of the game, but after Vetex’s rant I was hoping that he would add enough PvE and solo clan content to make them work. There’s already the infamy block when in servers without other clans, so why force interaction instead of making it optional? Give people the chance to make huge impressive fortresses without the risk of a toxic clan coming in to stop them, add pirate raids or something so there is PvE content to make you fight for your island. My clan was basically just made as a joke with friends. I don’t want to be forced into this.

Also, might I note, this blocks off players who want to stay PvE completely from participating in clan building almost entirely.

5 Likes

i think thats the intent after what vetex said but id rather open pvp over seperating half the community

this would encourage clan activity
but it’s also just a bit odd to do it this way