Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

solution: join non clan servers through server menu
too easy

Yeah but I don’t want to do that all the time, it’s a hassle finding a good server through the menu.

No it wont, it will just make the entry level for clans even harder.

See it like this:
You are a little timy, you want to create a clan Timmy’s Boys. Okay, good, you saved up 5k ,and now you got a clan…Buuut the moment you rejoined the game to try and recruit people, you are placed in server with all the pvp clans who are like a swarm of flies camp spawsn and instantly take over any available islands

PVE only clan? LOL, GET SCREWD OVER BUDDY!

11 Likes

the player segregation update is real!!!

5 Likes

We already have to do it in order to join a bronze sea server without going through nimbus

ik ik I still don’t like the feature, just because there is a way to bypass it doesn’t mean its suddenly good.

Yeah but you’ll need to know which is a clan server and which one isn’t

its only default one so like if you’re in a clan, you’ll get teleported to the clan version of a sea ( where everyone else is a clan member )

you can still tp to your friend/anyone else even if they arent in a clan if you do so manually

thats what i understand from this

yeah let me add my coal to the fire this patch note sucks.
no one is going to end up playing in clan servers, and likely this would make clans a lot more redundant.

5 Likes

why wouldn’t they play in clan servers? it would be the best way to grind infamy

clan servers will likely fill up with sweats who attack you on spawn
no one likes that

okay yeah this is stupid

If clan members are going to be forced to join servers dedicated to other clan members, then recruiting becomes more annoying. Even then, if non-clan members can join those servers, then what’s the point of having different servers to begin with? I feel like I’m not the only person who usually joins through the Servers option because of how crappy my luck is with random server regions, so if more people do that, then there won’t be a single difference.

Not entirely, the building aspect in of itself is a neutral - neutral in the PvE and PvP sense - thing that people in Clans happen to be capable of doing.

The Town aspect with passive items can initially be read as PvE however.

We’ll have to see how it plays out when the specifics get added in onto the trello. But given what we know so far it does give this impression similar to the Deckhand situation.

But like the Deckhand situation it can always be resolved and accounted for. I vaguely remember Vetex not agreeing the notion of PvE Clans awhile back somewhere in the PvE vs PvP discussion threads.

But i do remember them saying that they’ll accomodate those that primarily get their infamy via Island Claims and by extension Charts, Sealeds, etc. as well. I think it was in the Nimbus QnA or so, i’ll have to verify this a bit later as i’m doing my own shenanigans atm.

We’ll just have to wait and see when the Building and Town functionality itself gets added.

1 Like

1, yes
2, why here

where else :frowning:
we need like a general channel for yapping or somethin, im sorry for bein off topic

have you heard of vetcord

also this line of thinking is why we can’t talk about things in reminders for ao

no image perms there
also people gotta stop rambiling there, I am actually getting pissed, for each actually important thing posted there is like 3 messages of ramble

:eye:

That’d be the forums #general as well

First impressions about the patchnote:
this-sucks-this-fucking-sucks

But after knowing that I exclusively use server browser, it would be a non-issue. This will be an issue like recruiting random people and sweats populating the clan servers. But we have the almighty server browser to dodge that inevitability.

The only concern I have is: Will that solution hold? What if he manages to make everyone in clans go to clan servers regardless whether you used the server browser? Maybe I am just paranoid, but who knows. Maybe vetex already knew and has the solution to our solution.