Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Ohh that’s good to hear

He’s changed his mind on a few things before, good example being the new magic reset thing coming this update. So I’d reduce the chance of him adding something he rejected to like 95%

True but there have also been things he has said he doesn’t want to add that he ends up adding, plenty of times

Though ult arts for specific magics, are very unlikely to be honest

Besides, we basically already have it with ancients magics having pre-made spells

Nah 95% is so crazy

For something like magic specific ults, in any way shape or form, I’d say there’s an 80% he NEVER does

Remember throughout the entirety of AO’s development he could change his mind

Maybe ancient magics will, depending how many there’ll be

i think that there will be 2 different variants of elysium:
pvp arena (current state)
raidbosses (future, seperate server)

1 Like

Wait, what?

Or there will be a global announcement every time listing an elysium server which you can then join for the raid boss?

Yeah ancient magics will be made up of sets of special scrolls. Instead of one scroll which you customize into whatever

doubt it
maybe when you drink an elysium flask it’ll say “Would you like to open a raid server or a PVP server?” and then you can choose one. if its a raid server its free, if its a pvp server it costs the 300 robux and functions as it does now

wrong, its just that you can only use spells you get from scrolls (rares, losts, ancients)
so no inferno blast, only inferno cannon

Damn that’s… kinda stupid. I thought it would be made up of sets of pre-made spells

no dawg thats the whole reason vetex swapped to a customizable spell system, so he wouldnt have to code a whole nother fucking moveset for every magic. this wouldve been incredibly prevalent with mutations

“Via a spell scroll”

I don’t think that means only rare and lost spells. I think that means there will be special scrolls for each spell maybe??? (Example: ancient blast is a scroll that lets you add the blast spell to an ancient magic)

i mean it would be pretty lame to make “blast spell scroll”

very
One point about it that i like is it would just be too hard to balance and I personally believe it would be just as hard to make each move unique AND balanced

That’s why you slap the word ancient on it!

I didn’t say they’d be unique. I mean maybe each ancient magic has a preset version of each spell. (Ex: shatter blast always has 20 blasts. No exceptions)

opens a sealed
“ANCIENT SPELL SCROLL? HOLY SHIT MAYBE I GOT SOMETHING COOL!”
ancient spell: blast
“what the fuck dude”

i was reffering to magic specific ults in general