Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Its proactive recruitment, you just gotta be a little persuasive

Coercion. (quirky move)

Sadge. :((
(I meant that as in, you have to talk to the receptionist of either organisation to join the clan or clear your bounty, which is why I brought that up l o l)

As for the patch note buffing the tier of the second magic/fs, my poison magic is going to enjoy this !!

I though this was vetoed, never to be added

I wish it was this that Vetex changed his mind on instead :sob:
StrengthRequirementBuff

I do not like this, it feels too artificial, if a no clan player stumbles upon a claimed island, the clan player has no reason to attack him.

I like the idea of players deciding for themselves not to kill each other instead of being forced not to, those interactions make the world of AO much more special to me

No this is 100% reasonable. Low level players exploring are free kills and nothing stops someone who is sad from killing the new player. Vetex doesn’t want that

3 Likes

“its funny” is always a reason

So what if you get killed, you’ll literally just respawn, a dynamic open dangerous world is what makes AO feel special, and the threat of players killing each other is important

except this is specifically about non clan players instead of low level players

pvp was never the focus, and vetex is ready to prove it.
If clans wants fight with each other, sure, but dont make it a damn KOS zone

If vetex knew his game could stay afloat without pvp then I bet he would remove it in a heartbeat

pvp not the focus but is a part of the experience, the random encounter of fighting a player has always been a part of this pirate game

And this “pirate game” is about a person trying to find the truth and stop an order hellbent on advancing powers that can destroy everything. If the game was built for us plundering and killing, then it is built for that. But it is not. Maybe its for the best

not this arguement again dawggg

Why do people keep calling AO a “pirate game” like there are pirates in the game I know, but the focus of the game is not piracy, nor is the player character even a pirate. Sure you can do pirate stuff, but its far from the purpose of the game.

3 Likes

It’s our weekly forums pvp argument

Not to doompost…but

i feel like pvp makes it so everything is balanced into the mean of stats, and it makes that cool stuff cant exist cause of balance. There’s no way in hell that most of AA things would existed in AO.

AA had some balancing stuff, but it was…what…7 magics with 2 magic slots, 6 fighting styles, 10 arcanium weapons and collosal cutlass.

While AO…

AND DONT FORGET THAT AO HAS 6 TIMES MORE STATS

For a purel pve game it would’nt be THAT much of a problem. But for pvp…

1 Like

there’s no reason cool and balanced stuff can’t exist
i don’t rly know what ur trying to say here

1 Like

impact fist: (i loved one shotting people)

impact fist :yawning_face:
my dumbass was a radius fist scrub back in aa
i’m not m1ing the air for 10 minutes just to use my fighting style