Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Nature is healing

I based my comment on how vetex usually takes a week or two before the update releases to iron out bugs and add balance stuff. However, if most bugs are already done/ have been shadow patched and since galaga has been doing the small balance adjustments, I suppose you would be right.

Yeah definitely at least 2 weeks

NEW FODDER ISLANDS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (complete sentence)

morock got decannonized into merlock
DrFateSourceGIF

Trello says 6 islands now
Could mean one got scrapped, or maybe he just wrote it as 6 bc tidecliff was finished
Idk :man_shrugging:

at this rate update will release at late november/early december

I think vetex will get it done this month, but it might be on like the 30th unless he has been shadow adding stuff :skull:
Full release 100% ain’t being added till February 2025 minimum

YEAHHHHH NEW ISLANDS LET’S GOOOO (this is a complete sentence I am very excited)

At least we get Halloween and Christmas events to stave off the hunger, even if only for a short time

I’m gonna go back on my vow to not yap in here for a week because stocksounds is muted so we cant argue :100:

I wonder what’s on TIDE CLIFF island.

What a mysterious name (vetex naming strikes again)

Probably a cliff if I had to guess

And some tides, if I were to be so bold.

Mewlock

what did bro do

I don’t really agree with this take, and I would say wilderness islands find purpose in exploration rather than treasure charts and island claiming. Even in arcane adventures, where the wilderness islands were quite visually lackluster (and even gameplay-wise, I dare say) to what we have now, that was a huge part of the experience.

You probably just worded it wrong, though, since you yourself make some really interesting wilderness islands. My bad, in that case. I also do feel that builders have a lot of restriction in things such as interesting secrets, though, since we don’t usually know the lore of the areas we create, and often things like that get deleted upon addition.

5 Likes

Both of you forgot to mention secrets that refer to the game’s lore. Such as notes about arcanium alloy or golden apples garden somewhere in the later seas.

1 Like

I tried to mention that, but we don’t know anywhere near enough AO lore to make notes like that, and so it’s entirely up to vetex. I’ve seen a few instances where communication leads to the construction of more interesting secrets by us, but for me at least, not often.

HOWEVER! I’m pretty happy with the secret areas on the islands I’ve created, and I’m hoping vetex adds something to each of them, as I simply cannot do so.

1 Like

yapped in rfao.
found dead in miami later that day, the murderer is unknown (its maplestorm)

MapleStorm my goat continuing my legacy by terrorizing reminders for ao

2 Likes