Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

For him to have that much proficiency with his curse hes got to be one of the oldest curse users alive, to the point where he may have even gotten it shortly after curses were invented

SPOILERS!

I just reread the message but I completely glanced over vetex saying the same about warren

SPOILERS!

What makes people think the wood curse is weak? It’s not gonna be weak when you get impaled with a sharp spike.

people just don’t like wood, they’re missing out imo

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why it’s so hated

The magic is visually appealing and it’s literally just a faster and better metal

worse than that, it’s constant, endless spikes impaling you from everywhere at once

I agree actually

even more to consider is it’s solid, so like even if you somehow manage to dodge the infinite spikes flying out of nowhere you have to deal with pelion rift-sized walls being erected out of stakes

Spoilers

Just realized the implications to this :sob:

Probably cause wood is used as the most basic tool material in a ton of games (and somewhat irl too), take Minecraft and even AO for example: wood tools are the first tools you make in MC and what do most people do when they mine 3 pieces of cobble? Get rid of it. And in AO wooden weapons are some of the starter weapons but are also basically useless once you get anything marginally better.

There’s also the fact that wood as a magic/power isn’t really represented in lots of media unlike a lot of other “natural” elemental curses like fire, ice, tide, earth, metal, etc. And it doesn’t have the more mystical qualities that more exotic elemental curses like death, wave, slash, darkness, lunar, aether, etc. all have.

Also if I’m being completely honest getting impaled by a bunch of sharp spikes isn’t that notable for curses considering ANY other curse of a solid magic can do the same. Glass fragments, metal razors, sharp rocks, jagged crystals, frostmetal blades, ice spikes, and I can’t remember any more solid magics off the top of my head. Don’t get me wrong, that doesn’t make the wood curse less formidable since it’s still a curse - but again, not super remarkable compared to other curses.

1 Like

hold on what message?

Something vetex said in the patreon general channel about Warren and Wotan I can share it in dms if you want, its not a patreon leak but it does have major implications

please do if you can

me too plz

(post deleted by author)

ggs ez you all should give up now

if someone makes brainrot “arcane gyattyssey” ill tweak out

https://x.com/_ArcaneOdyssey/status/1835461098579136516
(Forgot to add the tweet whoops)

Summary:

• Art contest for the Vetcord Server Banner (1st place), and Server Invite Banner (2nd place).

• All 3 winning slots will receive a role on the Forums, and receive an in-game item set.

• All submissions must be original, any useage of AI tools will lead to disqualification.

• Submissions are open for 2 weeks and close on Sept. 29th

How to enter:

• Either reply to the tweet above with “#AOArtContest”, or post in the Art Category on the forums with “Contest” as a tag.

Prizes:

• 1st place: 2.5k Robux, Contest winner role on the Forums, in-game item set (Chestpiece, Leggings, 3 Accessories), Art used for Vetcord Server Banner.

• 2nd place: Finalist role on the forums, in-game item set (Chestpiece, Leggings, 3 Accessories), Art used for Vetcord Invite Background.

• 3rd place: Finalist role on the forums, in-game item set (Chestpiece, Leggings, 3 Accessories)

3 Likes

I’m about to neg this contest so hard

what if we don’t have artist role or twitter account