Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

What the heck did you just frickin’ say about me, you little whiner? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the frick out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my frickin’ words. You think you can get away with saying that crap to me over the Internet?

Think again, buddy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, buddy.

The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re frickin dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable butt off the face of the continent, you little poopy-head.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your stinking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you big jerk. I will rain fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re in frickin’ trouble, mister.

why did you convert that to the scout tf2 version

im too lazy to check if the original violates the tos so i looked up a clean version

I love modifiers :heart_eyes:

alr

Good luck

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat?

I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and pillaged over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag.

I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device?

Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil.

The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can end ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist.

Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll darned sure use it all to wipe yer butt off o’ the world, ye dog.

If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment.

But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll poop fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now.

My bad pirate king

7 months is only 3.5 months doubled. If someone can wait for three and a half months, they can wait for three and a half more. An update with half the content is disappointing. Players expect a certain amount of content, and going too low would be bad. Eventually the wait for an update stops mattering, but the amount of what’s in the update heavily matters. 7 month long, Massive update is more interesting than 1 month long, small updates 7 times.

It’s more exciting to have one massive update over 7 months than multiple during that timeframe anyways, it’s why New Crossroads, Zuka Shop, Phighter Mastery, Emotes and new Misc. NPCs are all one big update that’s still being worked on in Phighting rather than released as they’re being finished. This is without mentioning that it would heavily change the game’s identity, much like the Full Release update for AO, which is likely why it’s being saved to be released together: it makes it much more impactful and makes the game seem like it’s changed more than it would have if it just got all of these updates when each is finished.

basically no you’re wrong there isn’t any particular reason that vetex needs to split the great big full release update into another smaller update. People will just get mad at the lack of content.

But Full Release is already planned to have twice as much content as empires!

and it’d still be disappointing to some people that expected more from empires if full release was split in 2. Vetex is making sure he is beating the “Update is… DOGSHIT!” allegations by compiling it all into one

Here’s an idea, don’t promise an update that’s just two updates stuck together, make it two in the first place.

Here’s an idea: What if, bear with me, the update isn’t actually two updates stuck together, and that what it adds might, because we know very little aside from brief descriptions of random ideas in vetex’s phone, be very different from each other and potentially might not fit without the other! What a shocking concept: That vetex might actually know what he’s doing, and that he actually has a reason to make an update for Full Release instead of two.

Unless Skyhall itself requires this skill tree business, or anything alike, I don’t see the reason.

And if that’s the case, then just put Skyhall after Full Release.

Yeah, this is one of the few times I agree with stocksounds

One of my favorite aspects of arcane odyssey is how few aspects go into making a stat build, just a simple ratio of one or 2 stats and an awakening. Adding something like a skill tree would completely fuck that up, and make creating a good build so much harder than it needs to be

? tf ?

now you want skyhall AFTER full release? Purely because you don’t think that if it requires a unique system to get up, it should, along with the system, be added after the game “fully releases”?

have you even thought about what a “full release” means aside from the name of the update? It means the game has finally been released to a state that Vetex believes could properly be considered released (and also makes criticisms more valid, because the game actually WOULD be in a finished enough state). Why would a feature as big a skill tree for various things (not attack skills/stats) NOT be considered something that would be a part of a “full release” and could 100% be added afterwards

skill tree isn’t like that, the examples vetex used would be stuff like pressing t underwater to dash a bit forwards, presumably very little actual combat application (and probably easily respeccable)

I don’t care what order they’re in, we can’t go from “I wanna do monthly updates” being the problem to “I wanna do bi-yearly updates” being the problem.

Version 1.19.32

• added tier 2 interchange potion for skill point resets

Also you know there’s gonna be some fucked up niche use for some of them, why not just let people have all of them if they aren’t gonna have combat applications?

The features of Full Release can be taken apart and done at other times. Legendary Ships, Sensing, Juraserva, they can all be another update. You balance between which update gets allocated what stuff, and full release gets everything that Skyhall didn’t need.

That doesn’t make it a half-update, it makes it not a double update.