Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

maybe if it’s like the voxlblade blade crafting where you can mix and match a couple of different aspects

like every element has

• an assigned heat (cold, neutral, warm)
  • an assigned state (energy, liquid, solid, (powder?))
  • (maybe light emission? would be useful for determining possible fusions)

so if you would combine ice (solid, cold) with light (energy, neutral) you could either choose to combine the solid with the neutral to get something like diamond magic (also because it’s a light fusion), or if you combine the cold with the energy you could get something like lunar or wave magic.
but then you can also combine two of the same magics to create an upgraded form of that magic, since they’d reinforce both the aspects. (wind + wind → slash, shadow + shadow → darkness, light + light → aether, ice + ice → glacier, poison + poison → rot?, snow + snow → blizzard, etc)

1 Like

Because I use the smart system for dating and not the stupid dumb system

2 Likes

Finally another person who uses logical measurements

1 Like

at least it’s the right order, just mirrored

one thing we can all agree on is that no matter what you use at least it isn’t day year month

the true chaotic evil is to add up all the days since the beginning of year 0

day 739444, what the sigma

It is currently the year 12,024 HE, on the month of July on the Gregorian calendar, with it being day 4,388,760 + 3,006 days accounting for Leap years.

In other words 4,391,766 /07/12,024, what a time to be alive.

I’m honestly fine with that

mage 2nd awakening fr
someone suggest that pls, my suggestion request hasn’t been accepted yet
(nobody is telling me how to fix it)

Month day year literally makes way more sense

3 Likes

but two of the 4 tabs on the island building ui have no structures to place yet

i can’t imagine vetex would ship the update without something in at least the civilization tab, i can understand why decoration wouldn’t be a priority to implement but i feel like it might be better to hold off updating until there’s something in civilization tab

maybe vetex has someone else doing the modeling for the structures that are planned to be added this update and is doing bugfixes in the meantime

Month day year makes it easier to narrow it down quickly, since years are too long and days happen multiple times throughout the year.
However, unless you are speaking to someone who gets incapacitated while talking, this isn’t actually useful.
There is also the thing that day month year goes up in order to length.
I really don’t have a problem with either, and I think that other than the confused caused, very few people do as well.
(also we don’t need this getting off topic so lets probably not continue any further)

But if you spell laser as “lazer” I will kill you, that’s a whole different thing.

real

I feel like there is no “smart way”. There is not an objectively better option, just ones which you are more familiar with and ones you are not familiar with

1 Like

There is no smart way, but there is a stupid way: day year month

1 Like

yeah but no one has ever used that ever

and I hope it stays that way

not on my watch :smiling_imp: