Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

That’s fair.
It just seems weird that vetex went on that whole thing about never making combat focused updates and then immediately moving to adding to the most PvP centric part of the game lol.

I think he just really wanted to add this building mechanic and it doubles as a decent way to keep pvp players attention as while he doesn’t like pvp he has acknowledged its necessity.

He did say he would add ways to make it better for the pve side too, so hopefully that’ll make clan progression much more viable for players who don’t do much pvp. Personally I’m optimistic, but I fully understand the fear that pve players won’t be able to fully experience these mechanics without extreme tedium with clan progression.

Though I do think there will be a combat focused update in the future focused on adding the unfinished weapon and spirit weapon skills as well as some new fighting techniques and spells maybe, but I don’t think anyone would be opposed to that lol. Of course that’s provided those aren’t lumped in as a part of an update focused on something else.

Chalk Hephaestus up for Fire and Magma as possible ones too

Updated le list

as a G.N pve captain, 600k isn’t terrible, it just takes very tiring amounts of effort to grind

This is gonna help me SO MUCH
ThermoFistBuff

I don’t pre-heat before 1v1s but it really sucked that I had to be in combat to reach max heat if I just wanted to take a photo of my outfit with the Thermo Fist effects.

It’s so hard to remember the water curse because it’s the only one that isn’t the direct magic but it instead is the tide curse and because wave and tide are similar they are easy to mix up

i thought there was supposed to be something for non clan ppl to benefit from this update, but idk where i read that

this does seem like a classic vetex move tho

noo, not the shockwave effects :frcryin:
now getting out and into the water is ugly again
and charging energy doesn’t look as good

This is the best change of 2024 fr, we can now change clan pictures. :fire::fire:

Though at a galleon cost now.

3 Likes

Unlike AA, AO does’nt have 20 chest island, so i heavily doubt that there will be islands blockades like before

well, I’m pretty sure harvest does have 20 total chests, but they take 2 minutes to get

but the right statement is doesn’t have 20 chest island yet

honestly I don’t think we have enough chest drop content to warrant island blockades with them, plus Dark Sea Chests can be enough

save thermo society… vetexgames!!!

what about the shitposters

they butchered my boy

Asclepius as Healing and Life??

Hades would also def have Earth. Earth is his domain.

Considering that the next two Spirit Weaps seems to be from Nyx and Aether, I think those Spirit Weapons are Light and Shadow specifically. Since they appear earlier on, thus likely taking aspects of base magics, and how Light and Shadow are opposites.

Why wasn’t this just a feature from the start?

Tanning and Dirt Accumulation are more important