Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Well

TECHNICALLY

that’d be over a month and a half

the first list is what has been added so far
there’s a few things on the roadmap (evander, islands, magic reset, etc.) that were said to be added in the empires upd

bro vetex is so fire :tired_face: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

I WAS AWAY FOR FEW HOURS, WHAT HAPPENED

roadmap got updated

Let me break it down for you, Mark

Open me and read my yapping

Nimbus Sea Grand Navy/Assassin Syndicate islands (both WIP)

This good

New islands - 7 total ready to be added
Queen already mentioned a few, right?

• Rosehenge
  • Hallowed Grove
  • Fort Montu
  • Oak Island (Probably that one tiny island where big ship is docked)

Uncommon clam-themed set obtained from fishing (waiting on design)

I LOVE FISHING VETEX, I LOVE FISHIIIIING :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Uncommon bulky armor obtained from treasure charts (waiting on design)

Dark Sea archipelagos

Final clan building stuff - Civilization tab, mortars/cannons, claim protection

:+1:

Magic reset item

Magic reset → 1st magic can be changed → First magic will be changable to lost/ancinet (a lot of people belive we wont be)

New fighting style or 2

I heard that its NOT knocking fist or karate, so we’ll see.

The rest of the Eagle Patrimony spirit weapon rites

Spirit Wall - block?
Astrapikis - Placed explosion?
Spirit Walk - Omg, hover!
Astropos - Beam or string?

Dusk - miniboss that spawns in the Bronze Sea that drops a new spirit weapon and a new armor set

Let me guess, Hades?

Evander - miniboss that spawns in the Bronze Sea and drops the Colossal Greatsword and a new armor set

Fort Castrum, its raid mechanic, General Valerii miniboss and drops, raid rewards (waiting on General Valerii design)

I wonder if the raid will be WITH dungeon mechanic, or raid just like Silver Hold claiming?

Enemy Towers (waiting on enemy designs)

New quartermaster quest (spoilers, low priority)

Probably in Sameria, a ship-builder quartermaster. (my guess)

Daily quests - Moreso a concept for the Full Release update, but every day there would be 3 new daily quests and doing them would fill a bar which gives progressing rewards that reset every month (Unsure on rewards yet)

Guide Book - A concept for Full Release, a UI book accessed from the menu that has pages that fill out as you progress in the story explaining different game mechanics. (For example, before going to fight Shura, you may obtain a guide page explaining cooking)

Gacha: sealed chests

Now vetex needs to add “constaletions” and artifact farming.

Island-specific weapons and armor sets - would be buyable at most town islands such as Redwake, Frostmill (low priority)

Does anyone remember weapons with ice status effect from Frostmill, and Redwake longboat?

Sensing - The ability for each build type to sense other players or objects. Each build has slightly different sensing use cases out of combat, but all would be useful in combat

I wonder what he came up with for FS sensing.
Magic - power level
Weapons - Sea monsters
Vitality - HP
Trello

“Starter pack” robux product which allows you to start a new file at Level 100 if you have already reached the most recent story part on at least 1 other file (These would continue to be added every 100 levels for increasing price, as a way for players that have already made tons of new files to skip through the story on new files if they wish to)

There will be probably in total 5 these packs cause max level will be 600, but TO BE FAIR. If you have skill, you can go from 0 to 140 in 4 hours.

Story Chapter 8 - Skyhall

Magic racists :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hallbjorn boss fight (waiting on his fight area to be finished)

For those who are unaware, behind Redwake blacksmith, there is NPC who talks about Hallbjorn, a cheif who went to dark sea, somehow survived and now is kinda-like ghost.

Level 100-250 generic weapon sets (waiting on designs, low priority)

Hold on, dont we already have lvl 100 weapons? Sure, not of all types, but we do. Ig he just means for other weapon types as well.

Leviathan boss fight

King Caesar boss fight

Ormolu boss fight

Trello
Trello

Nimbus Sea side boss fight (won’t reveal her yet since she won’t be added for a while, but she will be alluded to in-game in the Empires Update)

“She”
https://media.tenor.com/KYCbfOcCALMAAAAM/do-not-be-attracted-to-fictional-women-big-brother.gif

Ghost ships

Whole server will be fighitng for loot ig :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Legendary ship battles

Pog

Story Chapter 9 - spoilers

My guess - Skyhall gets invaded somehow

Profession system

Let him cook

Trello

clash of clans in AO is canon

(probably) Incorrect. A lot of the stuff listed below has been stated to be planned for Empires

It just says general roadmap, so who knows, maybe something will happen AFTER full release. Its just what is planned to be added overall

This is how I would split it

Empires Update

(Remove the Patirmony rights and put them in this next update)

Vetex said Evander is coming to this update and since Towers are a way to find minibosses, I think that feature will be here as well. This would also give non-clan players enough to do on the side so the update doesn’t feel void of content for them.

Full Release

Ghost ships and legendary ships are necessary for sensing to be functional, as said by Vet, so they have to come in the same update. Oracle will need to be done, so it will make sense to flesh out patrimony more here.

Misc Future

This seems decently realistic but damn four bosses in one update

Just…just dont expect anything…
I bet even if he will make 4 bossess in one update, this one update will take 4 months or so. No offense to vetex, but just dont hype anything up or give any hope for a lot of stuff in update.

Full release is going to be the longest update for AOS development I believe.

On top of all of this I know Vet apparently said he wanted to do a mountain of bug fixes before full release dropped too.

I wouldn’t doubt if Full release is a near-christmas release

A man with amnesia convinces the Racist Kingdom, to go to war for the independence of Egyptian citizens

± we’ll wait for both the in-between October Dark Sea update and Nimbus Sea Part 1 update

“Hey boss, 3 experiments somehow escaped the facility - #████, #███ and #███”
“Eh, leave them. One is bleeding, other is unconcious, i doubt the other one will be able to survive any longer with those 2 holding him back”

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 11.50.15

And fair enough if it takes a while it’s bringing tons of side content and that’s what’s needed most.

thank god vetex matured and realized working in a team with specialization is way better :sob:

He’s still probably never gonna hire any one else to do coding but I mean that’s fair enough