Forum Curses 2: Prometheus’ Arena

Half the people have instant killing effects, which part of mine is op, I’ll remove it

I like the idea of your killer being empowered when you die, however the whole ‘split personality’ thing seems a bit too much

Would that be a nerf since both have to agree to do anything thereby making decisions harder

(Especially split second ones)

I just don’t think it’ll add much really. Just seems like an extra unneeded complication.

Then imma change it to if a curse user kills you(the actual person, not their weapon or else the weapon merges), you die and if normal humans kill you, you merge with them but don’t have any split personality thing, just gain their skills.

This is still insanely powerful given animals like earthworms can split and basically clone themselves which would be amplified by me making every cell in my body undergo cancerous growth to grow any animal or weapon part that has killed me.

Since other people would still one shot the fuck out of this anyways, imma say I left one of the clones at home so I’m not erased completely

Clone gets disqualified by being out of range :sob:

I can clone myself infinitely in the arena itself, it’s just in the very small cases they’d somehow all die to something stronger than a nuke or smth else which would anyways destroy the arena

Read this and still don’t understand :melting_face:

i.e

I die to an animal, I merge with it gaining its abilities
An earthworm has both parts live seperately upon getting cut in half which means it’d make me able to clone

Another example: I die to a sword, the sword then merges with me (the original sword that did it isn’t there or is visually absorbed into my carcass) and now I can summon swords

How would you quantify a curse user “killing” you?
Like say a fire curse user right? Does them physically burning all your clones kill you? Or would they have to get up close and personal to choke you out?

Okay so I’m assuming you’ve come into this tournament prepared with animal abuse on your cv

Level about to be the antagonist everyone hates fr

“Yes it was me! I kicked your dog!”

Incinerate every clone (I’d still be safe with the 1 clone at the house but I’d be disqualified)

What’d be the difference between that and a person using a flamethrower on every clone?

A flamethrower would be too slow and whatever’s being incinerated would’ve cloned itself before it’s burnt to a crisp + tardigrade so I got heat resistance that’s pretty high and + bacteria so I can conceivably shrink well beyond human eyesight

The fl

:melting_face:

Accidentally hit send early, I gotta come up with everything I die to

Also I can just die to fire to not incinerate

I’ve come to realize this is just absorption curse but suicide edition :melting_face:
There’s a really good manga that explores this concept kinda well called SSS-class suicide hunter

P̵̤̫͍̲̪̗͉̟̖͐̾̒͘̕r̶̻̞̓o̶̧͕̯͓̕m̵̬̗̼͓̈́̃͋̒e̴̛͎̱͖̥̜͖̼͚̪̣͐̉̃̆͑̽̕#̷̬̙̰͇̯͔̗͔͑͆͌͂̅͂͌̚#̷̝͙̀̈͌̀͐͌̇͐̓̈́͐͝͠#̸̛̪̐̔͠#̷̧̺̞̝̹̭̣͇͔̪͔̐̓͑͒̓̆͛̕̕͠͠#̴͍͓̱͍̖͔̳͚̥͓̾̀́̐̓̇͆͐͜ ̴̧̧̨͈̣̭̦͇͈̲̮̯͓͊̉͑͘w̸̧̛̻͕̠͎̳̫̦̖̫͋̐̆̿̐̋̅̓̈͝i̸̢̧͍͐̃̆͛̂̉̿́͆͠#̴̧̖͚̟̇̓ͅ#̵̤̘̤͖͈͇̲̞̖͂̀̕͝ ̷̙̟̗̖̳̩͉̙̤͔̫̾̒̈́̒̈́͒̓͝ͅͅh̵̢̘͉̼͙̰̗̲͖̘̉͋̾̄͜ͅ#̸̧̦̫̝̞̭̦̲̙͚̎̎̏͝#̷̡̧̛̻̭̹͖̝̼͕͎̈̔̔̍ͅt̵̬͉̺͖̗͙́̾͗̅̌̆̐̈ ̸̙͋̂̆̈́̔̽̑́̊̔̕͝#̴̡͎̪̾̓̎̀̉ẗ̴͙̤͈̝̖͔̱͈͙̣́̏́̍ ̷̢̢̡̨̣̤̖͈͖̋͘#̷̘͎̻̮̠̣̜̳͇̠̘͚͒̈̊͗̊̆͂̎͌̓̿̚͜ö̶͕͉̤́̈́͐̂̀͐̂̅w̵̧̘̰͈̮̠̳̜̦̜̜̑̄͊͋̓͋̈́̕ͅn̴̯͈̖͉̼͙̣̻̹͔̆̃̓̄̌͒ ̴͓͚͚͈̆͗̑̌̚#̷̻̊̅̇͊̎͝#̴̛̗͍̰̪͉̩̻̰͕̉̄̂͊̃̐̎̊̚͠ừ̵͎̜̙̣ ̴̛̳͙̱͕̟̩͕͒̅̉ͅc̴̡̹͇̳̠̬̎̊͂ạ̵̛̫̮̰̭͙̝̎̇͋̃̀͐̄̑͠n̴̩̬̪͖̮̟͈̜͔͛̀͗̏͊́̌͝n̶̨̦̯͓̩̬̼̉̒̄̓̃͝#̶̘͚͔͈͇̮̉͐̄̐#̶̡̡̧̛͉̠̫͍͕̱̟͖͔͛̾̎̃̀̔̋ ̵̡̪̳͖͔̯̦̻̼̪̔̓͒̾́̄̅̕̕̕ë̸͍͔́̆͂̇͆̂̅̌̾̿͊̃͠ş̷͔̳̭̼͕̫̘̳̑̌̽̈̏̄̈́̈̌̊͛̓̕#̵̨̖̜͓̘̱̱̫̭͛͘͘̕#̵̨̬̙͇̘̐͋̈́̿̃̿͊̀̔́̃#̷̡̨̯͕͎̦̜̙͉̞̋̂͆̂̆́̚͜ë̶̢̗̫̥̦̯̩̥̭̠͎́̒͆͑͒͠ͅ