Forum Curses: The Second Act

Despite this being quite far from what I’d count as an AO ability, I’m letting it in because I feel like its going to be really interesting in the future.

Is it too late to make a character for this? I’ve been struggling to make one for a bit for this but I do want to join in.

Nah you’re just in time

go ahead and make one it might be fun idk

No its really not that late. @Dreamkeeper said they weren’t available until the 28th so character submissions will end then probably.
No events (Public and Private) will start for three days, but things will be posted on the forums and you will be able to interact with them.

@WarmWater one thing
Max Pravilna on Odysseus Academy Forums | Trello
if you want to add the about me just say

Ray Lumin
Mr. Grand’s Required Reading [Book-Talk]

Has anyone else in Mr. Grand’s class finished the Bronze Wars yet? I’ve been dying to talk about it, but none of my usual group has even made it halfway, despite it being due next week :[

is your ultimate art “Chains Of Others”?

[Topic: Magic Theory Club, Gaming-And-Chill, By Sage Sage]
Replying to Post

I’d be interested in this, seems interesting. I already have a potential magic to theorize about: Ghost magic. What does it actually do?

actually can i remove the nickname please? i just wanna be sage sage

do you smell of sage

wait, funnier idea, sage “sage” sage

lilac and sage actually

do you have like one of those flower crowns or lei or whatever they are made of sage that you always wear

nope, just soap and stuff that i use is scented that

Ray Lumin
[Topic: Mr. Grand’s Required Reading, Book-Talk by Ray Lumin]
Replying To Sage Brooks

Really? I thought it was really interesting. Although, your not at the final chapters yet, so that might be expected.

[topic: magic theory club, gaming-and-chill, by sage sage]
replying to Post

that’s a good question. the clearest answer i could think of would be that it summons the souls of the departed to do things for you, whether that be attacking or just menial tasks or whatever. however, there could be some interesting abilities such as letting yourself get possessed by a ghost with a particular skill in order to perform a certain action well. it’s also possible that this magic could extend beyond just the dead, allowing you interact with the souls of living people and possibly separate their “ghost” form from their body for a while. or, you could be danny phantom from the hit cartoon danny phantom

replying to Post

However, there’s also always the possibility that it’s just pretty much throwing a ghost at someone, which doesn’t seem to be nearly as interesting as it could be. Overall, it depends on what a “Magic” really is. I know there are some that are simply just shooting something out, and some really wild ones that really deserve the title “magic”.

replying to Post

that’s true, if the ghost doesn’t have any corporeal form or abilities then its actions would be a bit limited. however, ghosts such as poltergeists have been known to be able to throw things around, so i don’t think such a thing is out of the question. depending on who the ghost was in life, it’s possible they could have some gear with them as well when they’re summoned, such as a samurai having their sword and armour to fight with or oppenheimer bringing an atomic bomb