Giving Sunken Helmet for whoever I think is cool in the comments (done)

Its chill it happened when i was 6 so ive got vivid memories

I tried surfing way back when but couldn’t get on my feet lol
It was fun to try and balance on my chest though

You have to be fast :sunglasses:

Send over your best story, interested in reading it now

I have one story on the forum, with three chapters. The third was a little rushed, but I’ll give you a link to the starting chapter.

1 Like

I spent 2 months (53 days exactly) at Parris Island as a United States Marine recruit.

Got sent home due to “occupational stress”.

1 Like

I really like it! Writing is something I like to do in my spare time too! One criticism would I have would be to show and not really tell the hunter and the bandit’s emotions. I’ll try and send over my draft for a college essay if I can figure out how to. Overall well done though, was a fun read!

I also paralyzed myself for 20 minutes by slamming my ass into a sharp rock so i bruised my tailbone so badly i physically couldn’t move for awhile.

I spent time down in Beaufort SC to see my mother over the summer! Were you upset that you were let go? How do you feel about it now?

I’ve gotten a lot of criticism for the actions of the characters in my stories, but I think for what I’m going for it works well. Anyways, if you ever decided to make stories maybe I’d read them. I’m thinking about continuing writing chapter 4 for wounded.

:skull: that must have been uncomfortable as hell. One of those pains that I don’t want to think about.

Oh and i forgot to mention, about the day i bruised my tailbone. A seagull took a fat shit on my head the second i got back on shore

thats tuff but i once got a shampoo bottle stuck up my behind

Here it is, I’m more of a personal narrative guy than a story teller.

Not particularly. Bummer yeah but God that place destroyed my mental health. The idea of being inside of the military felt nice but as I continued I felt less like a person and more like a cog in a machine. That feeling crushed me. Home sickness didn’t help either.

nice juxtaposition

I once front flipped off a twenty foot cliff and landed on my face into water *

How were you recruited? School? My parents wanted my scrawny ass to go to the military but I never saw the appeal of being mentally destroyed by their regimens. Thank god you got out of there though.

Hmm. I’ll read it right now actually.