Hear me out: Wood is really good choice for Conjurer build

HEAR ME OUT

Wood is PROBABLY really good choice for Conjurer build

Conjurers pre-awakening will most likely use only magic that have interaction with bleeding. Here’s the table of all interactions.

From this table, a normal person can understand that Ice is the best choice. Why? +40% damage boost is really good.

OBJECTION

Ice clears out bleeding

Good point. Actually, a lot of magic clears out bleeding after a hit. For some it’s not a big deal, but when you think about it…Bleeding usually goes for around 5 seconds. In that time frame you can deal 1-2 or even 3 hits if you are highly skilled, and that’s where the problem arrives. Damage boost does not apply to attacks after first hit. So shall we look at magic that does not clear bleeding yet benefits from it?

• Ash 10%
  • Crystal 25%
  • Explosion 10%
  • Earth 25%
  • Poison 25%
  • Sand 10%
  • Water 10%
  • Wood 30%

Would you look at that…Wood has the highest damage boost of 30%. But before we go into conclusion, shall we compare damages that single, dual and 5-blast can deal at lvl 120, without any power stats, and with our target bleeding.

For that, we will be using Level’s damage calculator.

This is TOTAL SPELL DAMAGE numbers.

Magic 1 blast 2 blasts 5 blasts
Ash 129.97 174.16 461.40
Crystal 209.41 252.00 631.40
Earth 213.75 257.82 646.80
Explosion 141.43 189.52 502.10
Poison 250.31 254.62 542.60
Sand 149.08 199.76 529.25
Water 118.84 159.26 421.90
Wood 211.66 255.04 639.40

1 blast

• Poison - 250.31
  • Earth - 213.75
  • Wood - 211.66

2 blasts

• Earth - 256.82
  • Wood - 255.04
  • Poison - 254.62

5 blasts

• Earth - 646.90
  • Crystal - 631.40
  • Wood 639.40

As we can see, Earth and Wood are leading magic in all of three categories, with Earth being the winner in 2 out of 3, and wood being in third place 2 times out of 3.

Now let’s compare stats of some magics of some leading magics

Crystal

Speed Affinity: 0.7x (Slow)

Damage Affinity: 0.975x (High)

Total Damage: 0.975x (Average)

Size Affinity: 1.15x (Average)

With 16 clash advantages and 4 clash disadvantages

Earth

Speed Affinity: 0.6x (Very Slow)

Damage Affinity: 1.0x (High)

Total Damage: 1.0x (Average)

Size Affinity: 1.30x (High)

With 17 clash advantages and 4 clash disadvantages

Poison

Speed Affinity: 1.0x (Average)

Damage Affinity: 0.75x (Weakest)

Total Damage: 1.5x (Greatest)

Size Affinity: 1.1x (Below Average)

With 2 clash advantages and 16 clash disadvantages

Wood

Speed Affinity: 0.8x (Slow)

Damage Affinity: 0.95x (Above Average)

Total Damage: 0.95x (Below Average)

Size Affinity: 1.2x (Above Average)

With 11 clash advantages and 10 clash disadvantages

My thoughts

Wood is a perfect middle ground between slow strong-hitting magics with high clashes and light magics. I played with it, got to lvl 90, beated both bosses several times and got some loot from them.

I understand that a lot of people including myself see wood as Joke magic, so I was surprised to see it being actually somewhat good.(Im explosion main so i can eat nearly anything)

It’s still funny to think about Conjurer’s awakening - magic infusion. Imagine Legendary iron sword infused with wood…LEGENDARY WOODEN SWORD. Yet, I want to believe that a vet won’t make wood infused weapons deal less damage, cause it would suck…

Pls help me, show that you read it and that it was helpful cause i now want to procrastinate twice as usual.

14 Likes

I haven’t read this yet but it’s good cause you can role play as Gintama from the cartoon Gintama with a wooden sword

Yes I know his name is Gintoki. No I haven’t watched the show.

insanity

i’m gonna use light magic or water/earth magic with weapons cause if the aura affects magic infused weapons then that could be significantly better than what you ever could do

True, but I guess it mostly depends what their goal as an ice conjurer is. Maybe they’re going for a bleed-ice-metal combo for really big damage, and in that case the bleed would probably just be serving as a way to make 33% threshold easier to reach for freeze and then follow up with gold, getting that sweet 80% damage boost.
All irrelevant cause I forgot how freeze works, carry on

But there are probably more effective ways to go about that like water-ice-metal mage, so if we take that and your bleed clear point into account then you’re probably right about ice conjurer not being the best conjurer magic

I think with recent magic damage rebalances (multi-blast nerfs, etc) this isn’t accurate anymore, though that doesn’t really matter since the relative damage between magics is probably the same

Yes.

We currently don’t know much about scaling for infusions. I have some thoughts on it but that’s for another post. However I don’t think that overall a magic with lower damage would necessarily make your weapon damage output lower

i’m sticking to plasma but wood may be my 2nd awakening magic

besides, wood is based and plasma is unbased so i gotta have something to even it out

? (3 characters)

My bad got it mixed with petrified and paralyzed where you need 33% damage to proc the effect

My points on ice are now invalid

plasma isn’t just unbased, it also has the second worst stats in the game
wood > plasma

2nd worst behind what

oh wait is it poison

its poison, fuck poison, poison sucks.

funny how i chose the 2 worst magics when i started playing (my first file was plasma and my now-deleted 2nd file was poison.) poison is absolutely terrible at a lower level but after revisiting it like 6 months ago even poison felt just a little bit better than plasma

its not
when you look at the stats the common opinion that crystal and wood are the worst magics are easily debunked, but also sand might actually be a meta magic

i don’t mean stat wise i mean it just felt better playing it

im going poison + plasma and you cant stop me

they both have pretty much the same stats, poison just has better dot
which really doesn’t matter because of wind (an overused meta magic) being able to tap a button to remove it

though poison has the clouds, plasma’s dot outstands poison’s by a lot because at least plasma will just about halt regen while poison barely chips it

poisons dot does a lot more damage than plasma, but plasma also has better damage and speed so plasma is a better magic than poison

Sandal is proud of you my child.

But what about crystal?