Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 17

< Chapter 16

“Koyl, that’s enough!” Screamed Kevin from down the hall. The two then ran towards the broken man, with Koyl not wanting to let go. Kevin placed his hands on top of Koyl’s in order to slowly remove him away from his sword. The sword was still imbedded inside of the woman, but the mysterious foe seemed to be unconscious due to the sheer trauma of the attacks.

Amelia went over to retrieve the sword, making sure to carefully yank it out as swiftly as she could. The sword was a bit heavy to her surprise, so she almost fumbled due to her loss of balance.

“Amelia, do you know what happened here?” Kevin asked.

“Well, I decided to take a quick scroll around here, only to find this locked room where I believe Mr. Almondo was talking with some other guys, including the President! Next thing I know, there’s some creaking above the ceiling and an explosion occurs. I was then ambushed by that woman.” The group of three all took a brief glance at the defeated woman, with them all turning back towards each other.

“It seems Mr. Almondo’s speculations were right. There’s some people here who wish to cause the President harm. We have to go find them.”

“Well, you kinda blocked our exit out of here with all of this ice. It’s gonna take forever to melt.” Amelia then locked her head to face the ground, kicking a large shard of ice.

“You said the room was in this hallway, right?” Amelia stood silent as she raised Koyl’s sword for him to grab. A smirk showed on his face as he retrieved back his loving blade.

“Molten Burn!” Koyl used his sword in order to slash through the wall. A large spew of magma spat from his silver blade, creating a large hole throughout the wall.

“Magma, pretty nifty against his ice.”

“Cmon, we don’t have much time.” Kevin took the lead in order to find both the President and Mr. Almondo.

Once entered into the room, the group found many men lying down in the floor in black suits. “Seems as I was right, a meeting did take place here.” A large opening greeted them once inside the room, leaving a large gap of open scenery to the White House garden.

“I don’t see either of them over here.” Suddenly, a large gathering of sirens blasting through the air yelled within their ears. When they walked more near the edge of the open room, they could see multiple ambulances and cop cars in the garden, treating to many injured guests.

“Hmm, we’re there any others that tried to attack the President?”

“Hey, you all up there! Did you handle one?!” From below, the group could see Mr. Almondo with the other villains that they had arrived with.

“Yeah!” Kevin responded. “And it wasn’t easy.” From the hallway, the group could hear police head up the apprehend the woman that they had fought before. Knowing that the woman was safe in police custody, the group jumped down to meet with the others.

“Good job out there. The President has been sent to a nearby hospital and all is taken care of.”

“What exactly happened?” Amelia asked.

“As you can see, there appeared to be some terrorists who attempted to assassinate the President. Unfortunately for them, we were here to stop the attack and save the President and the other civilians within here.”

“For some reason though, there were only two of them?” Starr chimed in. “You would think there would be one more.”

“They could be on the loose, maybe?” Orion asked.

“No matter, we managed to deal with them and the President is in safe hands. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to discuss all the matters that I wanted to tonight, and you all didn’t get the chance to meet the man. Nevertheless, there’s always a next time.”

“What now?” Alpha asked while eating a platter of fancy oysters.

Mr. Almondo looked disgusted by Alpha, but decided best not to comment. “We’re going home. Not much use in being here anyway; there are many things we need to do back at the department.”

“Wait! Before we go, there’s someone Nico and I would like to say goodbye to.”

“Goodbye to- You know what, never mind. Just be at the plane near midnight.”

From behind a bush, the last remaining enemy hid away in order to spy on the villains. Due to his invisibility abilities, he managed to escape from any attackers against him. He briefly scouted through his pouch underneath his cloak, revealing three remaining viles; one of them being accidentally broken and spilt all over within the pouch.

Chapter 18 >

2 Likes

great writing

typ0 cameo when

1 Like