Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 18

< Chapter 17

Jazz music played with a small, portable radio on top of a marble bar counter. The room was desolate with not one person in sight, except for one. Pieces of furniture and other former lively decorations laid about the room as if a small tornado had blown in and desolated whatever was in its wake. The bartender at the bar was absent, so drinks of booze galore sat on aisles upon aisles of shelves as a man in a black suit spent his time lounging around, helping himself to whatever he could find.

The man poured a nice glass of alcohol in a large glass bottle and poured himself a shot. He raised his glass in the air and said the words, “What an entertaining day it has been.”

“Mind if we join you, Paul John.” Orion and Nico stood at the oval-shaped entrance to the room, with half of the wall nearly the sight of burnt bacon.

“Orion! Nico! I never thought I’d be able to see you guys again!”

“Us either, but we managed to come over here to say our final goodbyes.”

“Oh Orion, there will always be another hello, believe me! You two have taught me so much about life in mere hours compared to the years that I’ve lived.” As Paul John moved his head around, his bald head glistened with the yellow lights upon the ceiling.

“Don’t worry about it, we didn’t do much.”

“Oh, but you have. Without you both today, I could’ve very well lived my life in the way that most men my stature do. I would’ve had to marry a gold-digger, continue being depressed, and become one of those ‘Make Money Quick’ commentators on YouTube, but I didn’t because of both of your help. To that, I say thank you.”

Before Orion could respond, Nico decided to put in his own share of the discussion. “Paul John, thank you for such words. We have to go now, but even so, we will never forget who you are and what you stand for. From now on, everytime I see a bald man, I will remember your gleaming hairless head.”

“May I… get a hug.”

“Bring it in, Paul John.” Orion, Nico, and Paul John all huddled together in order to properly say goodbye to one another. It seemed to them that fate had properly brought them all to this party to meet.

“Hey, Paul John, you said that since you’re bald with few hairs left, what exactly do you do now?”

“Me? Oh, don’t worry about it.”

“…” A loud silence had followed into the room.

“Well, how exactly did you get into this party? You have had to be of some connection towards the President in some way?”

“Eh, don’t worry about it.”

“The thing is, Paul John, the more you tell me that, the more I tend to worry.” Orion shared worrily.

“Oh, I’m nothing special myself. I guess since my hair business was so popular, the President just invited me here. I’m sort of a political analyst as well as a part of the same party as the President, so I guess that has some sort of relevance. Well, it seems that it’s time to go anyway, I’ll see you once again, my friends.”

With that, Paul John left the room with his glass still in hand. He began to swirl the drink within the glass, attempting to get more flavor from the liquid.

“I don’t know what exactly happened there, but it seems that we have made a new friend today. Wouldn’t you say?” Nico then agreed by nodding his head.

“It’s nearly midnight, where could those two possibly be?” Kevin continued to stare at a black watch on his wrist, looking beyond the small airport to see if they were nearby.

“Get on the plane, Mr. Laury. We will leave with or without those two.” Reluctantly, Kevin went up the stairs to the small private plane that they had arrived with. Still, Kevin awaited on the steps, taking his time towards the entrance of the plane.

“Well, it’s midnight. There goes being on time to my next meeting. Laury, get on board or you’ll be joining them!” Mr. Almondo yelled from the cockpit.

Once Kevin got aboard, the plane began to take a small liftoff from the ground. Suddenly, the plane was unable to move in any direction, making the pilot worried. “For some reason I can’t move the plane?!” As everyone became worried, the group all looked through the windows on the plane, seeing Nico using his telekinesis in order to stop the plane, with Orion by his side. Mr. Almondo let out a small, subliminal smirk, then directing the pilot to land the plane back down.

“I see that you two finally made it, but you’re making me even more late than I was before.”

Orion was apologetic, “Sorry, Mr. Almondo.” Nico followed by directing his head low towards the ground.

“Now that everyone’s here, let’s head back to the DVP.” Mr. Almondo exclaimed.

“Can we have an ice cream party for our hard work?” Alpha blurted out. Mr. Almondo never verbally replied to his request, but simply turned around with a slight hand gesture to confirm his wish.

Chapter 19 >

3 Likes