Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 19

< Chapter 18

Author’s Note: Hey everyone! I decided to take around a 3 week break, but don’t worry because we’re back now. I’ve decided to make a brief recap due to the period of time I was gone, and also because everyone needs a recap every once in a while

Recap:

Chapters 1-4: The DVP are introduced and first know about their purpose and what they’ll do.

Chapters 5-7: A group of the villains are instructed by Mr. Almondo to go complete a mission in New York City. A man with fire powers face off against them to protect the street, but loses to no avail.

Chapters 8-10: The group come back to the DVP to discover Mr. Almondo had sent out other groups to see how they would do. They are all then separated into teams and ranked based off of their full abilities. That is when Almondo sends out two teams to go with him to Washington D.C. in order to protect the guests at the President’s party.

Chapters 11-18: Team Blue and Team Pink go together to the party with Mr. Almondo, yet eventually split up amongst themselves to have fun at the party. Nico and Orion meet a guy named Paul John in which they help out due to his baldness. While at the party, Amelia does her own investigating to find Mr. Almondo talking to the President on the other side of the wall. Suddenly, an explosion hits the building in order to do something to the President, but villains such as Amelia or Koyl didn’t let that to happen. Two of the villains got defeated, but one is still in hiding after the attack. When the party was over, they all headed back down to the DVP.

Night began to fall once more as the glimmering sunset slowly died down. Mr. Almondo’s right hand assistant, Wanda, was hard at work finishing up a lengthy document on her computer. Nearby, Frederick sat beside her while she flawlessly typed key-by-key at her cubicle; him spinning in a chair in order to pass the time as he awaited her. His movements were clumsy, yet there was a sort of charm in him. If Wanda was considered Almondo’s right hand, then Frederick was certainly his left toe.

Breaking the silence, Frederick stopped his constant rotation in order to talk to her. “It’s been three weeks since the attack at the capital happened, that sure was all over the news!” Wanda was silent. She didn’t answer him and continued to type away. “Kinda makes you wonder what we really signed up for, ya know?” Wanda didn’t answer. “Wanda?”

Frederick shook her shoulder, with Wanda being slightly frightened by the judder. “Wha- Fred, you scared me!”

“I was here the whole time! Don’t you remember, we’ve been working on this document together all week.”

“Oh, you’re right. I’m so sorry about that, it’s just that I’ve been concentrating on this all week. I’m just… tired, really tired.”

“That’s alright, I understand! So, are you almost done with that?”

“Yep, it’s nearly all set. By tomorrow morning, we’ll be able to hand this in to Mr. Almondo. Then, the DVP will be able to move on towards Phase 2.” Wanda began to lean slightly back on her chair, becoming more relaxed as the fruits of her labor were finally paying off, as well as the whole of the department. “Fred, do you think we’re doing the right thing?”

The wonderful thing about the DVP was that it wasn’t just some office building in which paperwork was done. It was a whole facility designed to help train the up and coming villains into well-experienced soldiers for the government. It had a cafeteria, living quarters, and multiple rooms in which DVP members could train to hone their abilities.

In one of the training rooms, a lot of the villains decided to get together in order to have a large training session with one another. Not many of them were acquainted with one another, so this opportunity made it so that they were able to learn about each other’s abilities. Out of the 17 members of Division 1, 12 had shown up to the session.

“Alright everyone, get ready for this!” Kevin laid both of his hands onto the ground, with ice spikes randomly emitting from the training grounds. The room was completely blank with white, but Kevin’s abilities allowed it to have sparks of glassy baby blue.

Casually, Nico lifted himself up from the ground in order to get out of the radius of the spikes. Even though Kevin’s range was far, the room was big enough to where if someone were directly in the middle of it, they would be unaffected by any attacks. Orion was there too, continuing to explode any ice near him.

All members of the Pink Team were there too, doing their own maneuvers in order to escape the ice spikes any way that they could. Koyl by far had the easiest time against the ice, as his powers were heat-based. All he had to do was slice away the ice, which was much easier than the other methods used by the various villains.

Surprisingly, there had even been villains there that would rarely show themselves to the others. Ethan Dukes, the member with anger issues towards Mr. Almondo, used his electricity against Kevin’s spikes as well, but there wasn’t much luck. Although Ethan was fourth overall for the time-being when it came to ranking in Division 1, he wasn’t very creative when it came to the usage of his abilities.

Once all the ice was cleared up, the group decided to lay around the training room and take a break. Most of them were all tired out from the repeated trials of ice, so some even laid about on the floor.

From the entrance of the room, clanking footsteps were becoming louder from the darkened corridor that led to the large room. The steps of heels were loud, so all eyes laid attention towards it. The image of a silhouette of a man in a large, draping cloak appeared in front of them, startling everyone in the room. When he emerged in the light, everyone recognized who he was. Next to the cloaked figure was another man, but he was fairly built with dark skin and wore a large puffer jacket with a white feathered hood.

“If anyone were to play the role of supervillains, these guys would definitely top the cake in the fashion department.” Starr commented.

The man in the feathered jacket kicked a small shard of partially melted ice on the ground, disdain emerging on his face. “What is this… child play? Last time I checked, kindergarten was ages ago.”

“Connor, don’t be so callous. They’re our fellow comrades after all.” The man in the long coat explained.

“It’s them…” One of the villains said frighteningly.

“That’s Nathan Ross and Connor Salem from Team Black!” Ethan cried out.

Chapter 20 >

3 Likes