Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 20

< Chapter 19

Team Black, the strongest of the strong, the baddest of the bad. If any team in the whole of Division 1 played the part of the villain the most, it would be this team. Team Black only consists of three members: Nathan Ross, Connor Salem, and finally, #1 in Division 1, Jerricho Perses. Back when Team Blue fought against a mere hero in a street, these guys managed to destroy a whole children’s hospital. Although their group was small, their impact was infamous.

“What… are you both doing here?” Amelia questioned.

“Us? Can we not have a little fun with the rest of you all? We’re all a part of the same team, no need to be so hostile.” There was a silence in the room, nobody had replied back to Connor’s comment. “This is a training room, right? How about we all play a game called ‘Don’t Get Caught.’ The aim is not to be caught by me, or you lose. I wouldn’t want to get caught though, personally.”

“What are you aiming for here? We’re perfectly fine the way that we’re training!” Kevin exclaimed.

“Woah there, cool your head. I’m just here to help.” His tone spewed full of sarcasm. “This nonsense that you’ve been doing so far has paid off so little for you all, believe me, I’ve been watching you. You need some real work ahead of you.”

“Your team constantly goes off about how you are all better than us, we don’t welcome you here with us!” The comment came from one of the villains that nobody else was really familiar with.

Connor laughed at his remark, his knees nearly down touching the floor. “Well, that’s because we are. If you don’t want to play with us, I guess we’ll just play with you! Nathan, now!” Suddenly, from behind Connor, Nathan had both of his hands on the floor in order to bring up a pillar of earth. He had somehow managed to curve the pillar upwards across the ceiling, blocking out a majority of the lights in the room. Everyone now became high on alert, not knowing what to expect next.

Unexpectedly, walls came rushing down in order to separate all of the villains. With so many, it was as if the room had turned into a maze. From across the walls, the villains could hear Connor laughing as if he were a hyena. “My turn, and remember, don’t get caught!” There was then a deafening silence in the room, nobody knew what to expect next.
“Hey, everyone! Can you guys hear me?!” Orion yelled out throughout the air.

“Yeah, it appears that we’ve been separated!” Kevin yelled back.

“How are we gonna get out of this mess? I was really looking forward to lunch!” Alpha replied in a disappointed manner.

“Don’t worry everyone, we got this. Let’s just find our way out of the maze and get to the exit of this thing. There has to be an opening somewhere.” Kevin ordered. “For the people who can, try breaking the walls!”

“AHH!” It sounded as if a woman just screamed.

“This can’t be good.” Kevin mumbled to himself.

“What is that thing! It’s going to get me!” Another voice has screamed out too, as if they were in sheer terror.

From across the room, Koyl attempted to use his sword in order to burn through the walls with his magma, but it was to no avail. Although he had done it before, it seemed that the walls were too thick to even use his powers or his sword against. With the varied amount of screams from the room, he could tell that something dangerous was going on here, but he wasn’t aware what.

In a semi-fast pace, Koyl walked through the maze in order to search for an exit. After about a minute or so, he managed to find another one of the villains. “Oh, hey Nico. Long time no see.” Nico simply shook his head in agreement. “I have an idea. You should fly me up there to see if I can pierce through the roof. The maze walls are too thick, but I haven’t been able to try the roof yet. We just might be able to get out of here.

With no time to think, Nico immediately lifted Koyl slowly from the ground. Now that Koyl was floating, he felt a slight emotion of excitement. As he rose close to the ceiling, he managed to get into a stance in order to prepare. Magma oozed from the sword as he became ready. Once he was close enough, he stabbed the sword right through the ceiling, it was a success. Using his magma even more, he managed to burn a hole right through; big enough to escape in.

“Nico, I got it! We can possibly take them out by going through here. Without a word, Nico used his telekinesis on himself in order to rise too. The hole had appeared bright due to all of the darkness that they had just endured. Abruptly, Nico couldn’t fly up anymore as something large had grabbed a hold of his leg, slamming him down to the floor. Due to it, Nico lost his concentration, so Koyl fell to the ground as well.

“What was that?” When Koyl turned around, he saw a giant monster looming over him. The monster looked tall as if it were a giant with glowing white eyes. The giant didn’t have a set appearance though, as it was completely covered in black. It was as if it were a shadow.

Chapter 21 >

1 Like

really like the chapter arrows, lots of effort, good job :ok_hand:

1 Like