Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 21

< Chapter 20

“Didn’t expect to be fighting off against a monster today, but then again I took this job, so anything I haven’t seen before is in the realm of possibility.” Koyl managed to dodge one of the attacks from the monster, with it denting the ground with its enormous strength. Koyl used his blade to slice its arm off, but as the monster’s arm fell, it simply decimated into thin air. No blood or anything came out from the monster, and it definitely didn’t seem too hurt either.

Koyl took a few steps back in order to stand in front of Nico, who was just recently on the ground due to the creature. Nico managed to get back up, his hand placed upon his head. “Seems like you’re fine for the time being, are you ready to face that thing?” Nico nodded, seemingly a little irritated by the attack, yet still in a calm mood.

Koyl ran up in front of the creature and used his sword to spew out magma. In order to dodge the attack, the creature sacrificed part of its hip, yet still seemed perfectly fine and continuously moving. From the pool of magma, Nico managed to float it up against the ground to attack the monster again with it before it hardened. The shadow beast didn’t see it coming and had a large gaping hole through its stomach.

“This move of mine is a sacred technique, Tempest Apocalypse!” Koyl once again ran up to the beast. This time, as the monster attacked once more, Koyl slid underneath its blob-like legs and jumped up from behind. He spun as he jumped, as if he were a ballerina, and magma spat out from his sword in a graceful manner. As he quickly set his blade behind him, his sword was bright red and seemed ready to cut anything.

When he descended, he made sure to line up exactly in the middle of where the monster was standing. The creature didn’t have any time to react, as Koyl had sliced him right in the middle; the monster splitting into two parts. As the sword graced through its body, a wall of magma immersed from the sword, splitting the creature into two. The sight was a spectacle to see. The two sections of the shadowy monster had fallen to the floor, decimating into thin air.

“Whatever that thing was, it definitely is the cause of the multiple screams we heard earlier. From this I think we can infer what these guys’ powers are. From before, Nathan managed to bring about a pillar of earth just now to create this maze, so his powers are obviously Earth, a real pain.” Nico nodded in agreement. “Next, we have that snob, Connor. These monsters don’t just appear out of the view, they’ve had to have come from him. We don’t know the full extent of his abilities, but for now, let’s just say he’s able to create monsters.

On another side of the maze, Ethan appeared to be running away from a monster of his own. The monster was huge compared to Ethan, even if he was pretty tall himself as a human. “You damn ogre! Stop chasing after me and pick on someone your own size!” Ethan continuously ran, but it appeared that the monster was just as fast as him. This creature was coate in full black, beating white eyes, and was huge. Although, this monster was long in length and almost appeared like a snake.

“If you keep chasing me, I’ll make sure you regret it.” The both of them did not stop as they continuously ran about the maze. “That’s it, I’ve had enough of this! I’m tired of you slithering your way to get me!” Ethan made sure to run a bit ahead, then turned around to greet the monster face to face. The palms of his hands were raised at his sides, emitting shocks of electricity out from his hands. The light was bright, and it appeared to be making the monster go away. Next, he clapped his hands together, releasing a long strand of his power right into the creature, spearing it.

“I’ve never had a snake kabob before, but I’m sure it’ll be real tasty by the time I’m done with you!” Ethan yelled out! With his hands on the ground, shocks of electric pillars had speared from all sides of the maze, bouncing off constantly. With each bounce of electricity, the snake monster was pierced multiple times, with it eventually diminishing into black dust in the air.

From behind the snake, Amelia and Orion were seen running behind it, attempting to help Ethan out. They tried to help out in the fight against the monster, but it appeared to have its focus on Ethan, causing them to not be able to catch up.

“I got it all by myself, without your help!” Ethan yelled out to the two of them.

“Yeah, after running away from it for a whole mile. It seemed like we were running a marathon back there.” Orion explained, out of breath.

From behind, Ethan could hear the sound of clapping coming from the end of the maze. Out of the darkness appeared Connor, fully enjoying the game that he had created. His laugh was exhausting and full of disdain. “Snake kabob? Seriously Ethan, you can think of better words than that. You’ve simply read too many comic books.”

“Let us out of here, bird freak!” Ethan demanded.

“Now, now, Ethan. Let’s not get into name calling here, you really are too much. I know that you want my jacket, but all you have to do is say so.” A smile grew on Connor’s face, and the rest of them knew it was not a good smile.

“I have an idea for our little game… you like birds, right Ethan? How about we have some join in on the fun!” Connor began to tap his feet multiple times, with strange blobs coming out from the ground. “You see, my ability is that I can create monsters from the shadows. Since we’re in the mood for birds, it’s only natural for some to come and join us!”

From behind Connor was summoned a large army of shadow birds, glaring menacingly at the villains. “This is the part where you run.” Amelia and Orion looked at each other, then around them as Ethan was nowhere in sight.

From the opposite end of the maze, Ethan was already far ahead running for his life. As he was running, a faint echo could be heard from him. “Already ahead of you!”

Amelia and Orion had no choice, they dashed as fast as they could and ran.

Chapter 22 >

5 Likes