Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 4

< Chapter 3

“Now that we are here, I would like everyone to line up in a straight line in front of me.” Mr. Almondo, Wanda, and the rest of the subjects were all in a secret facility to help train their new subjects into becoming fully fledged villains. Frederick was back at the office as someone had to be in charge while Almondo was away. “Now that I have you all where I want you, Wanda will take away our training today while I supervise over the course. I will be watching your every move and taking some notes. Wanda, Carry On.”

“Good morning, Division 1. Today, you all will be fighting one another.” Lots of the subjects were getting riled up as they were excited to face off against one another. “Many of you are unaware of each other’s abilities, so this will also be a good lesson in deductive reasoning against a hero. We will also be seeing the way you fight. The top 5 combatants will be ranked by Mr. Almondo himself and will be based on multiple qualities and not just power alone, and each top member will receive special privileges which will not be discussed at this time. Make sure during this battle to not kill one another. Before we continue, do any of you have any questions?”

One of the subjects raised their hands. It seemed to be Amelia, the woman with the red hair who so happened to be a serial killer against only men. “Yeah, what exactly are the rules during this fight? Like, how will we be fighting each other?”

“Great question, it is my fault for not putting it into detail. This empty room is where all of you will be fighting, and you must continue until the timer is up. When you hear the bell, you must all stop. There isn’t particularly a goal set, it is just a display of your abilities. You all will be fighting all at once.”

“Wait, as in all 17 of us?” One of the subjects seemed very confused.

“Precisely. All 17 of you at once for about 15 minutes or more. Mr. Almondo and I will be in that large box up there.” Wanda then pointed upward of a glass booth that was implanted into the wall. Any spectators in the booth would be able to clearly see all the subjects, while also being protected against any attacks. “You may begin once the buzzer starts, I suggest you all start taking your positions. I wish you good luck.” Mr. Almondo and Wanda then headed out to an elevator. About a minute later, they were seated inside of the booth with a couple other spectators inside. The rest of the subjects began to look at each other while spreading out seperately.

“Mr. Almondo, those two have seemed to separate from the group into a pair.” Two of the subjects had reached into a corner of the large room and appeared to be fighting together.

“That’s promising to witness. Individuality is good, but working in a team can improve both team members’ qualities.” The second buzzer had rung and the subjects began to start battling each other. A few of them had decided to stand in place and remain in one area. “Look over there, that’s Justin Waters. He has a unique ability to talk to the dead.”

“But sir, how will that be useful to our cause? Aren’t we looking for more destructive subjects?”

“Correct, Wanda. Although, there will be times where less destructive powers will be for the best. Although his power isn’t physically destructive, he is quite good in combat. I made sure to only have a select few who are like Mr. Waters. Now on the opposite side of the spectrum, it is one of our most promising candidates yet. You see the one with spiky white hair? That’s Kevin Laury. He has ice abilities; basic in idea but intricate in execution. It hasn’t even been two minutes and he’s managed to knock somebody out. Plus, his powers are quite theatrical, which so happens to be a perfect fit in what we’re looking for.

Near the end of the testing, only around 10 of the subjects were still up in the battle. This had proven the theory that most of the subjects were great in ability, but weren’t aware of how to use it. Wanda, including the rest of the spectators, were amazed by the abilities that most of them possessed. Plus, it was fun for them to see how they were fighting each other. The fact that even after some time, most were standing, proved that they could at least stand their ground.

When the third buzzer ran, nearly all of the subjects stopped in their tracks. Two were still fighting, but quickly catched on by the scenery of the room. Mr. Almondo then came down with the rest of the spectators to congratulate the subjects on their performance. “It is clear that all of you need training to further maximize your future potential, but after seeing that battle, I have already decided as to who will be in the top 5 of this division.”

One of the subjects had raised their hands to ask a question. “Yes?” Mr. Almondo replied.

“I was wondering before you continue on, where exactly are the rest of the subjects. I thought that there would be about 50 of us.”

“It is clear that you weren’t listening earlier or in our previous meeting. Even if you haven’t, you would have deduced your reasoning as to my previous comment seconds ago. Since you’re new to who I am I’ll give you a pass, but I can assure you are not in the Top 5 I was thinking of.” The subject then had a visible frown on his face. “This is the first division out of around 50 subjects. You have been separated into 3 divisions so it is easier to focus on you all. The three divisions are chosen at random by me and do not have a particular reasoning in selection. Once you all have had enough training, you will be conjoined into one team. Understand?”

“Yes, sir. I have a better understanding now.”

“Good. I will now state who my Top 5 are. Do not complain as my reasoning is final. If you would like to crawl your way out of the chain, by all means go ahead, but you must prove yourself to me first. First up, Number 5: Ms. Amelia. Power: Wind. Number 4: Mr. Dukes. Power: Electricity. Number 3: Ms. Garcia. Power: Forest Creation. Number 2: Mr. Laury. Power: Ice. Finally, Number 1: Mr. Perses. Power: Wither. I used to know a man like you Mr. Perses, welcome aboard and congrats to you all. Now that we have that all set, I think it’s time to set up our first mission!”

“Mission? I thought you said that we would have to wait a month so that we can be ready?” One of the subjects yelled out.

“Well, time certainly waits for no one. Besides, think of this as part of your training. You all are going to have a fun time!” Ms. Garcia then looked down towards the ground. Nobody noticed it, but she was visibly holding in contempt.

Chapter 5 >

3 Likes

let’s just like.

hire all sussy bakas.

and like.

yeah.

This gives me an idea :mariomug:

:eye: :eye: