Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 8

< Chapter 7

“I gathered you all up today so that I could congratulate you all on the accomplishments that you have made on your missions. Thanks to all of you, three attacks were made all across the country, already gaining wide-spead reputation.” While Nico, Amelia, Orion, and Kevin were in New York, Mr. Almondo had sent out two other teams from Division 1 for missions of their own.

“First up, Mr. Laury, Ms. Amelia, Mr. Sugar, and Mr. Voyager. You were all sent to New York with my assistant, Wanda. You did a great job destroying the street, although it seemed that you encountered something even greater. While you were in the process of your mission, a hero showed up with incredible strength. Even with fire capabilities and your disadvantages, you all combined your attacks together to defeat the villain. Well done.” The first team was ecstatic and jumped up in joy.

“Next, we have the disappointments in the bunch. Especially you, Ms. Garcia. I had a lot of faith in you. Due to such insolence, this may cause your ranking to change in the top 5 in Division 1 for the worse. The rest of you in this team need to learn better and improve your skills. Although you did some damage, you didn’t do enough.” The rest of the teams began to look at the second team. Ashamed, most of them had their heads down.

“Lastly, we have Mr. Ross, Mr. Salem, and Mr. Perses. Out of all the groups, you managed to do the most damage and went far beyond my expectations. You men even managed to destroy a whole entire children’s hospital in San Francisco. I also see what you did with those sick children, Mr. Salem. Truly a remarkable feat of pure villainy for your whole team. Seeing as two teams have worked together so well, I’ve decided to keep you all together for the mean time for future missions. The second team though, not so much.” Mr. Almondo looked revolted by the second team’s actions. He couldn’t even face straight in their direction.

“A whole entire children’s hospital!? Wow, that really is something!” Kevin further thought of methods to become more evil than destroying a children’s hospital, but nothing came to mind. Ms. Garcia was in full disbelief, but she clenched her fists together to not say a word. Mr. Almondo noticed this gesture, but dismissed such actions for the time being.

“I’ll see you all tomorrow. Get plenty of rest, our jobs are not done just yet.” In a linear fashion, each of the villains exited from the office chamber. Almondo took a glance towards his steamy coffee, becoming dazed by the steam of the hot substance.

Division 1 of the DVP - Living Quarters

The group of four from New York, Kevin, Amelia, Orion, and Nico, all sat down at a table eating sizzling steak with a side of garlic mashed potatoes for their dinner. The majority of the group quickly guzzled down their food, while Nico took his time eating from his plate. “Who would’ve known working for this joint gave us the opportunity to eat all this good food!” Kevin exclaimed.

“Well, I expect no less from a government institution, this meal is superb! I haven’t even used that word in years!”

“You got that right, Orion. It seems Nico over there is enjoying his plate too.” Nico slowly glanced upwards towards the group while a metal spoon of potatoes inserted into his mouth. “Alright guys, as the leader of the group, I think it’s important to recognize the other teams’ capabilities.”

Amelia spat out her food onto the floor. “Hey, who made you leader?”

“I’m number 2 in our division, so it’s only natural that I take charge.” Amelia began to look in another direction, chewing faster in defeat.

“I’m becoming more worried about those guys who went to San Francisco earlier on today. Half of our group is made up of the top 5, but if they continue, things might change. I want to make it apparent that we’re the team that stays on top.”

“That’s going to be a pretty hard task. Their team is ran by the #1 in our division, which pretty much says it all on how challenging this may be.” Orion pointed out.

“That’s why we need to become better than those bozos! Though, the only way we can do that is if you and Nico can pick up the pace. As leader, I also have to take some accountability to higher myself to the #1 position myself! It’s gonna be tough, but I know that we can do this!”

“What did those San Francisco guys even do anyway?” Amelia chimed in.

“Don’t know, but whatever they did to that children’s hospital must be quite brutal if Mr. Almondo was impressed by it.” Orion replied.

“Children really aren’t my cup of tea, the throats of men are where my mind is at. I can even imagine it now…”

“Let’s probably not daydream about killing men right now. So guys, all hands in the middle?” Kevin put his hand out first. Amelia rushed her hand into the middle of the table. Orion and Nico looked at each other for a brief moment, but then followed suit. They all began to briefly laugh due to their new-found friendship.

Chapter 9 >

2 Likes

meanwhile in a parallel universe:

“firing all heroes!”

child murder is low and evil. Whoever thought that killing children was okay needs mental help.