Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 9

< Chapter 8

All of the villains, as well as Mr. Almondo and his assistants, were all in the main meeting room to discuss new matters that needed attending. “Good Morning, my lovely villains. It’s great to see you all here again. You’re probably wondering why I all sent you here, but I always have a reasoning behind every motive that I make. Today, you will be officially assigned to teams. Although some of you may have already become acquainted, and others have not, I think that these teams that I have carefully selected will go to good use. If they don’t, well, let’s just say that consequences will follow. Understand?”

Most of the division quickly nodded their heads in fear of Mr. Almondo. With teams being involved now within the division, subjects will become more organized, but also rivalry will surely spring up within the groups.

“I have composed of five different teams within this division, so that in case I need a job done, it will be much easier to get in touch. Don’t worry about the colors though, they have no other meaning other than ornamental value. Wanda will now show the posted list.

Wanda had then pressed a button on the nearby projector, prompting up a document showing all the new teams and their composing members. The villains began to hunch over and look more closely to the screen so that they could find their name while in eagerness.

The document displayed:

Team Black

Jerricho Perses (#1)

Connor Salem

Nathan Ross

Team Blue

Kevin Laury (#2)

Amelia (#5)

Orion Sugar

Nico Voyager

Team Green

Catalina Garcia (#3)

Vesper Crawling

Andrew Percy

Joshmine Augustine

Team Pink

Starr Calista

Alpha Lesley

Koyl Sin

Team Gold

Ethan Dukes (#4)

Justin Waters

Bingwu Xu

At the instruction of Wanda, the group separated themselves into the different teams. With the new arrangements, there was a sudden mood shift within the room. “Now, you’re probably wondering why some of you are placed the way you are, but don’t fret, I always pride myself in making decisions for the benefit of you all. I have looked over each of your files carefully and believe this to be the best outcome. Each of your teams have a purpose based off of your powers, so make sure you do your job well. Any questions?”

The room was originally silent, but abruptly, one of the subjects had raised their hand. Mr. Almondo felt reluctant to let the man answer, but he decided to anyway. “Yes, Mr. Dukes?”

“Why!? Why must I be paired up with such incompetent trash? I got involved with this program to spread my notoriety and to grab some quick cash, not to get teamed up with such nobodies! Let me join Team Black, I’ll make sure to send a message that this lousy organization really wants to engrain!”

“Mr. Dukes, you’re often the problem child in this group, but after taking a quick view of your file it’s no wonder why. When you were a child, your mother sold you off, causing you to never forgive her again. So, while you slaved away at such a tender age, your mother profited off of you, making the quick cash that you so similarly desire now. By the time you were 14, you decided to pay a little visit and kill her with your own bare hands. Near 16, you got caught in the crossfires of multiple gangs in the Frisco, Texas area; causing you to rack up quite the debt. You’ve accumulated so much debt, your name, image, and likeliness have all gone down the drain. So, Mr. Dukes, wake up from the dream that you’re living in and realize the truth. You’re more of a nobody than the ones you claim to be grouped with. If you want to spread a message, I suggest you take in the message that I have sent to you first.”

Ethan Dukes had his head towards the ground, swallowing up all of the shame and embarrassment he had to endure just then. A tear droplet drooped slowly onto the floor, echoing louder than the people within the room. His fists clenched in rage and agony, but he fell silent as all the attention was on him.

“Oh my, Mr. Dukes, did I make you cry? If only you had a loving mother to consult you in a situation like this, maybe you wouldn’t turn out the way you had, and you wouldn’t have to waste my time looking at you.”

Ethan had a faint, but rasp whisper. “Shut up…” His voice was soft and rehashed in a tone of defeat.

“Well Mr. Dukes, that’s no way to talk to your superior.”

“I said SHUT UP!!! Superior? You’re no superior to me! I have the superpowers here, you don’t. You’re just a psycho who wants to have some control, but there’s no way you’re getting any from me. You have no power! If I wanted to, I could kill you on the spot.”

“Oh really now? Then go ahead, kill me.” Ethan hesitated at first, not sure as to what to do. He made up his mind and swiftly raised his hand towards the sky. In a rageful motion, electricity formed into a large ball, ready to be emitted with all of his might. The bolts became so powerful, his falling tears began to disintegrate. He aimed for the wicked man, and was about fire all that he had.

“That’s enough.” In an instant, a figure seemed to have crept behind him in a flash. “Sleep-” Just when the figure was about to lay his hand on Ethan’s arm, a yell came from across the room.

“Perses, No!” The yell came from Wanda, the trusty assistant of Mr. Almondo. “Everyone, we must all calm down. Lets take in what Mr. Almondo said and think about what we should do in the coming future. Who cares what our pasts are? What matters is what we do now, in the present. There’s no need for everyone to lash out.” The room became silent again.

“It seems we’ve had quite the fun today. Division 1, you’re dismissed.” Mr. Almondo the begin to stare at the table, slowly taking a sip of his coffee. From across the room, his assistant Fred nervously dropped his pen.

Chapter 10 >

3 Likes

ethan should have died tbh I crave bloodshed

1 Like

MURDER. Anyways government corruption :+1: