How do you guys name your OCs?

greetings, someone that spent approximately 30 minutes last night to name fcking 8 of my OCs ( whichs mostly consists of fcking dead people and like, only half of them will even get mention in the story ) here

presumably speaking if your OC’s name has a meaning behind it, how do you choose it ( the name ) ?

i currently go to a site, type in a random word that is related to them ( their title, magic, etc. ) and just go through the names that it give me until i found one that fits, which works, most of the time

however as stated above this can take quite a while and sometimes i cant even find one ( someone is going to end up being named as fcking Bobo if i cant find any other… i mean tbh i like that name, fits him ig )

i just kind of wonder if anyone here got any advice for that

unless you dont do that and im a weirdo then uhh, have a good day ig

now excuse me, im gonna go to sleep and hope that the forbidden knowledge will appear when i wake up

Fang’s name I just saw on the main screen and I liked because it was the edgiest name there.

Concepts of him with wings (Which led to his title of The Raven) were subconsciously inspired off of Fang from Maximum Ride. Read it, it has a novel series and a manga and it’s pretty neat. Not everybody’s type of literature tho I imagine.

Andy and Victoria don’t really have anything behind them, just names I chose.

Lukas maybe off of Minecraft story mode or something else, Alicia is just a name I saw and found the name contrasting to her personality.

Isaiah, funny enough is based off of a Disney World trip I took as a kid where we did this thing where we got makeup and pirate names. Mine was Isaiah Badbones. We got posters with a poem and our pirate name on them. About 6 years later I looked at that poster.

Ruby was just off of her magic.

Usually just how it sounds or if the meaning behind the name can relate to my character. It is usually one of the more harder parts of making a character though, imo.

Same way as you, try to look up a meaningful name to represent the OC

my WOM characters are different as they were created on the fly and my female ones are named after EGirls as an inside joke

RANDOM NAME GENERATOR!!!

when i did my wom ocs i just looked through the wom name list in the game and chose what reminded me of something i liked.
raven (lightning OC) came from the show rwby
brianna (explosion OC) was actually from my best friend in middle school
jillian (poison OC) is from a song
so pretty much all of the names came from wom from something i liked xD

retycoon 3.
you cant beat that name

Whatever sounds cool or means something to the oc

Aritz Arcturus was easy; Random name fromm when I made him WoM for his first name, and Arcturus bc it’s a confirmed last name in AO (Early clips from Vetex showed it on his character, Geno Arcturus, but it seems he renamed his file back to Geno Barion) and also because Arcturus Magic is funny.

As for any other character, I go with odd names or names I don’t use/see normally. I try to be a fair bit unique with my characters.
People say meaningful names are supposed to be the best, but honestly I’ve only felt generic and pointless feeling from most names with specific meanings (And some meanings of names when put with certain IRL people feels unfitting as hell). I just go with what sounds good and may not be so common.

I mean
my main OC is a brown skinned individual and holds my last name
I feel like I’m overstepping boundaries with a self insert

I named my first file Arcadia after a fictional place

no I am not kidding

For me, I just give them the name that fits them
Or if I got inspiration from something I’ll apply it

you guys make OCs?

LETS GO RWBY
ahem ahem uhhh may not be the best mom but hey

My first OC was based off TF2 scout, dont ask

I just looked through the WoM list and found “Ace”, thought it was cool.
Did not expect it to be a popular name at that time. Last name was randomly chosen, but it was grey-t one.

All other names were inspired by shows I’ve watched or names that pop in my head and sound nice

“hmm this assortment of letters sounds nice i think i will use it :]”

that’s it.

me, who only has 1 oc (possibly) because im not into game lore:

in all seriousness, i only look up name languages associated with that OC (like if they’re supposed to come from Japanese culture, i look up Japanese names yadayada) (if they belong more into my made up culture, i just make up names by smashing words that sound good)

and this is why some of my characters ended up being named with shit like “John” and “Jane”, hell i think i remembered naming 12 characters after month names lmaoooooooooooooooooo

I open wom, and let the game choose for me