How does the story justify us beating Calvus?

The reason why is from what i guess we have some ancient energy similar to the one the order is trying to awaken

Thats why we beat calvus (even tho it was hard)

Also pls like (tap the heart emoji) i want to become a member and share my sea monster suggestions

1 Like

I mean, I’d presume it’d be-

-having the blood of the gods coursing through your veins along with a spirit weapon+ being skilled at specific weapons and fighting styles and not dropping them whenever something that mildly interests them + actually learning how to use their spells instead of grabbing like 10 rare spells from their kingdom’s storage and learning them all once only to drop half after getting bored with them.

Determination.

Not the normal raw grit kind—the spacetime manipulation and respawn kind.

the Calvus is a savanterino argument doesnt hold up.

1. the player is also a “savant”
  2. Vetex literally said everyone’s a savant in the lore, stat classes dont exist

:broken_heart: common savant mistake
got too many options and didnt use them all effectively

vro made me cringe in 5 different languages

There are two types of “Savants”:

1. The type that tries to master multiple skills at the same time
  2. The type that masters each skill one at a time.

Calvus is the former, Player is most likely the latter. Their “Awakening Quest” in lore is actually them moving on to mastering another skill after mastering their current skills.

Thats why Calvus fell short and Player didnt. Player focused on getting better on something specific first. They likely just trained only their First Magic in the Bronze Sea. Nimbus Sea will likely have them train their Second Magic, and then Spirit Weap, etc.

calvus is like the worst kind of “savant”

hes tried to be a jack of all trades in everything, probably learned different fs and abandoned them regularly, probably swapped weapons regularly, probably abandoned any skill and rare spells he had with his base magics to try and learn aether.

meanwhile the mc likely used maybe like, 2 weapons (a dagger and a flintlock maybe?), the eagle patrimony, trained their magic’s spells and learned their kit well, and didnt drop their fs for something they saw that was flashier, at least not at a level where they would lose next to nothing from abandoning it.

what butterfly said as well, but I’d assume the MC still got some experience in their other skills as they trained a specific skill up to an acceptable level of mastery (maybe not patrimony though)

We’re built different

I’d assume the Player at least had somewhat trained in their FS and Weapons even if it wasnt their main focus, I doubt we’d just let it fall completely to the wayside while we train our magic. Though I would get them not using the patrimony because they probably straight up dont know what it is until nimbus, seeing as the first mentions of spirit weapons are there

Nothing is stopping MC from punching Calvus when they want to, yeah.

Also, a lot of casting styles for Magic has kicking and punching so they probs did trained their FS. Im not sure if they went to a mentor tho…

Good ol’ basic works fine

Oh yeah, they did use a bladed weapon when killing Calvus

Calvus after the MC just throws a right hook to his jaw after exclusively using magic for the entire fight:

anyways, I’d like to think that the MC unlocked their dodge reflex from Rill while up in the northern bronze sea for that one meditation spot on the Jaws and while they were there asked for a few pointers on basic combat

I think in canon, MC is just going around trying to get ready for the war in Sameria. Since Vetex said Awakening isnt actually canon. They probs were suggested to meditate and then the Poseidon stuff happened.

They were away for 9 days after all.

true, they probably sailed around and meditated when they found a place that felt ideal whilst doing sidequests and maybe even some sidebosses, with one of those sidequests being rill’s dodge reflex stuff

who said that…

Vetex (sorta)

I mean, Awakening isnt canon, so what do you think MC is doing for 9 days? It also explains the placement of the Rill Hendrix quest. That quest implies MC was preparing for the war and trying to hone their skills

From what Warren says, it seems that there’s two sides to advancing your skills. Mental and physical. MC had like, way overdone their physical by fighting Argos, Carina, and Calvus, all so close together. The meditation was basically to catch up the mental side, and was finished up by Poseidon. Somehow, having both accounted for was enough to uncover a new capability.

2 Likes

Just keep this in mind

1 Like