How is Operation: Better Wiki so far?

So far, how well do you think Operation: Better Wiki is going? What are your opinions on it now? I just wanted to get the opinions of forumers, as we are officially starting the project on Oct. 15, so please keep things civil!

I’m rooting for it to be successful.

I’ve been watching the original topic and someone said that it would be better to try and save the Fandom one. I don’t agree with this opinion. If people on Fandom really want just to add new info about future of the game and not present, if they spread misinformation through the wiki, if they mess up pages and can’t finish the old ones, is there really a point in trying to salvage it? Even if we try to clean it up, what are the guarantees that pages won’t become a mess again?

I think it’s better if a bunch of actually responsible people will create a whole new wiki from scratch. I feel like it will be better for everyone. If we try to salvage Fandom wiki we might just lose our sanity (judging from what I’ve heard and understood since I’m barely involved with wiki stuff).

2 Likes

I also hope this goes well. Fandom sucks too much

Why do you think this wouldn’t happen on a new wiki?

Moderators will have to approve edits, otherwise, they will be reversed on the new Miraheze
Wiki.

What do you think happens on the current wiki?
If some edit is bullshit, it’s deleted.
Besides, if you need mods to remove bad edits, it will pile up pretty quickly, I reckon. Having anyone edit stuff when only mods can undo it will clog the system in seconds.

from my past experiences, a lot of time bad edits are not reversed.

brute strength fighting style

They do a pretty shit job then lol

i hope you dont mean every edit needs to be approved beforehand cause i think its obvious why that would be extremely inefficient for a game like arcane odyssey (i imagine you didnt mean this but just in case)

also if the miraheze wiki gains traction there WILL be problems always, thats just how it is with a wiki

the job of editors and wiki mods is to fix problems as they appear and keep the wiki in the best state it can be, because theres no way to solve all the issues that come with being a wiki

As if the same stuff won’t happen on the new wiki

1 Like

1 Like

You know what happened when humans who were actually perfectly united tried to build a tower to the heavens?
There are maybe 3 people total who’d actually actively do work through time, maybe 10 or so who’d keep working on it for a while, a dozen or two that will do work for a month or two max before losing interest, and probably several griefers, ngl

1 Like

Thank you for your input its really helped

The people in power feared they would succeed, and so they attempted to stop them?

no the wikians will do brain surgery on us in our sleep so we speak different languages, rb1 is gonna make me speak mandarin

팬덤 위키에 가입하거나 내가 너의 공을 잘라 :bangbang:

thats korean dumbass

私は気にしますか :question:

still japanese and not mandarin
if you’re gonna speak a foreign language do it right