How rare do you think lost magics should be?

The lost armor sets are just gambling like modifiers. I’m saying it should be GARUNTEED. Something necessary for a build like a lost magic shouldn’t theoretically be unobtainable if you are ridiculously unlucky

the good thing about making lost magics/styles/weapons/spirit weapons? rare is that people will actually trade around for it since it’s rare and that’s pretty good, it also incentivizes new players to do the dark sea since I bet none of them are going to do it before finishing the story to that point (mid vimir sea :skull:)

Yeah but arcane odyssey has a major new player confusion problem right now. Sure you CAN get into it without help but most of the people I’ve introduced to it had 0 idea how stat builds and rare things worked. If it has to be rare then vetex should implement some sort of guide on how to do them, because otherwise new players will end up with a max level magic build with no idea they even exist. The reason I proposed the treasure charts idea is because that’s something I’ve seen new players actually DO. “Oh but the trading-“ the economy is far less important than player enjoyment, and part of the reason ao never seems to rise to its former player count is partially because it’s virtually impossible to understand half the stuff in the game without following development. Stop thinking about the players with 15000 hours who obviously will still play the game and start thinking about new ones who aren’t so sure yet.

TLDR: making everything rare might be good for the economy but making things good for new players is far more important.

probably going to be done in full release, iirc vetex said he’s going to fix the numerous smaller bugs in the game since there were a lot of them so this probably will be fixed

guide book on the Trello roadmap

Ok I don’t think I worded that tldr correctly. I meant allowing new players to acquire them not necessarily easily but at least in a garunteed way is far more important than the ao microeconomy because traders with 1500 hours will still play the game if they don’t get something, new players might not.

I don’t know about garunteed, but it should definitely be explained by an NPC and/or hint popup.

it shouldn’t be guaranteed because then the new player wouldn’t have worked for it, if they want it thaaat bad (they should) then they would probably look up how to do dark sea (or read whatever guidebook tells them) and earn it themselves

this is planned

I don’t think if a new player reads “To get these scrolls they can be found with a 1/500 chance from sealed chests” they’re gonna wanna upgrade their ship and grind ketches for eternity.

they don’t have to grind ketches for eternity to enter dark sea what are you on

I’m not saying they won’t work for it, but a reward for sailing around the seas and finding treasure is far more rewarding than just loot boxes.

I can agree with that, but awakenings already fills the space of the “free one”
(oops wrong reply)

Yeah a new player ain’t gonna go into the dark sea with their caravel and a dream

it’s not just lootboxes it’s the endgame farming area, it probably doesn’t feel like it since it’s only 20-25% finished but with dark sea part 2 it will feel more like it

Keyword endgame, a new player can’t use their brig to to get dark sealed chests because the don’t have one

a new player (at mid vimir sea/ lvl 300 of arcane odyssey) would either use guidebook/the internet to find out how to grind galleons and eventually buy a brig/frigate

You can technically do first range with a Caravel.

Yes but with the rarity they are talking about it would take ages to find a single one with a 1/15 chance of being the one they want

I feel like since exotic enchantments would be in Vimir+ Sealed Chests, that’d apply to lost magics too.

My point is if they DONT use guides because they aren’t invested in the game it will be stupid to do it.