I made a kitsune architect cuz why not

That’s awesome but I don’t remember asking

anyway I’m kinda busy but do expect a little fun surprise in like… maybe a day? Idk art takes a while.

“bro, the hair?” like that hair is not the most lazy and specific piece of “reference” I’ve seen since i started paying attention to art
you and you alone look at that and say “mmhh the hair is a reference to the 9 tails”
anyone that says “erm, i do too” is a liar, you need a whole another level of insight and plain out future sight to notice that

Yeah that’s gay bro I aint saving you from the allegations :sob:

:sob:

you got me there

Ah yes, another art post crashing and burning because someone had to pick an argument. Dub, leave it be, please. Nothing’s going to come of this.

1 Like

gonna be honest there really isn’t anything giving off the kitsune vibe except for the tiny bit of ear poking out of the head. While it does make sense that a character in disguise would in fact be impossible to recognize, it doesn’t make for a great vibe going “I’m sorry but you must be too dumb good sir” to someone asking about where the kitsune traits of a character are, given that the only trait that’s actually there is a tiny ear pointing out, which can be attributed to more than just a fox girl.

Like, objectively, that is the ONLY trait. The eyes aren’t one, because this is arcane odyssey, everyone and their mother has glowy glow yellow/green/red/blue/purple eyes, and the hair most certainly isn’t one, because it’s just a fairly common hairstyle for characters to have. I like that apparently it’s meant to represent the 9 tails, but that still isn’t a trait literally anybody would see and attribute to her not being human.

The claws are most certainly not a trait, because they’re straight up just a weapon type used fairly often in-game. Is architect Merlotz a fox because he has them?

They’d see it as theming/inspiration being applied. They’d think the person is fox-like, or has a motif/symbol with the fox, but they wouldn’t think that they literally are one. It’s like how Molly Blyndeff from Epithet Erased has button-like eyes and a bear hoodie, but she isn’t a literal Teddy Bear.

I think it’s good character design to have the person disguising themselves as something not completely give away that they are disguised as something, but you shouldn’t get annoyed at people that don’t see any signs of them being disguised. If you want it to be more obvious that they’re a kitsune, draw a tail or something, or more visible/distinct ears, or possibly something that isn’t just a common hairstyle.

Maybe you could try drawing the hair so that you always see exactly 9 parts that poke out,
regardless of POV, to allude to her actually being a kitsune more, but that too also falls under “symbol/motif” rather than just “this is a kitsune”
(talking about this)

Overall, if you want it to be more obvious that a character is something like a kitsune, try designing generally more tells than just a single one that can actually be attributed to the character, rather than the motifs of said character. You just can’t get annoyed at someone for not noticing the tells when there’s a single one that has decent plausibility, especially when the entire point of said mythological creature you are trying to draw is that they disguise themselves.

1 Like

Finally! someone who gets it

Very Cool! :nod:

1 Like

gonna try to move this post past the stupid ass arguing that happened for some reason?? its your oc you can make it however you want

i like it and the artstyle :fire:

3 Likes

hey uh quick question

what statbuild is she

that was the first symbol i noticed, it very much looks like fox tails

i don’t see why people are complaining about her not looking obvious enough, this is supposed to be her human form

anyway, this is good art, you cooked

:+1:

also i’m not an artist so i’m not entirely sure, but redesigning someone’s character out of spite because you don’t see the symbols seems kinda rude to me, saying you can do better than them. please do correct me if this is wrong

8 Likes

At this point I’m just making my own kitsune, won’t add a name to it but the gaslighting and the pointless ad hominem pushed me over the edge

i have made enough pieces of art (1) to say that it is not
no problem.

We’ve all made enough art to say what this is, and that number is 0 because anyone with common sense would understand why its upsetting.

the artist that designed the character themselves is spelling it out to you and you’re just gonna say “no”?? lmao

i dont really care if you got pushed over the edge or not you should stop acting like a prick over the tiniest thing in the world
remaking someone’s oc because you have a problem with it or with them is just being an asshole and you cant tell me otherwise
you should have enough sense to realize this isnt acceptable behavior

tldr quit being a dick for the good of us all

The second I saw this article I knew there was going to be at least one person who sees this and is like “bwuhhh nooo you can’t do dat!!!”

if you need to directly tell someone what the symbolism and the references are on your character, that is, to put it lightly, pretty poor telegraphing design wise.

and also to whip out the “you’re not smart enough to see it” puts just that extra cherry on top for this whole situation, I’ll admit maybe my first post was a bit mean spirited but OP really didn’t need to pull the intellect card.

I’m just gonna make my own kitsune at this point, it’s not like this person owns the concept of them.