Insanity Motion Sickness Mode

Insanity Motion Sickness Mode
effort 4.636363636363637 22 quality 4.608695652173913 23 reasonability 4.730769230769231 26

Honestly I think the best course of action would be to remove effects that cause motion sickness entirely and replace them with, say, literally anything else lol.

Then people won’t be able to complain “the motion sickness option is easy mode and lets people use insanity for free” or some bullshit.

People who argue against motion-sickness-causing stuff for “balance” and “because it’ll be an easy mode of sorts” make no sense to me. Why would anyone rather have people get physically sick because of a game, instead of some people getting something slightly easier so that they don’t get nausea?

1 Like

besides anyone can always turn it on

that doesn’t make sense thou, that’s like saying people should expect to find the game easy without grinding proper armor and enchantment scrolls. thou is possible that im seeing this from a wrong perspective.

Dawg it’s not making it “easier” it’s changing an effect so that it doesn’t make people sick

1 Like

no way, a sugestion that is actually considered

time to celebrate

Just as ordered, your new Insanity system! No returns, no refunds!

(I have gotten nausea a few times from the FoV distortion, so I’d actually really like this sort of change(My joke suggestion possibly being made reality as a result is just a bonus for me).)

2 Likes

i’m scared about how this will affect balancing, maybe insanity should do some other effects?

what should be done, instead of zooming in like that, it should make your screen show a visible crack (not a real crack) in it for a couple seconds so it would still be disruptive

1 Like

“balancing” dawg it’s an accessibility feature :skull:

1 Like

I agree, it is an incredibly stupid point to make, but people will (and already have) made it.

ok about the ‘balance’ point replace it with something equally annoying but not motion sickness causing
like i mentioned earlier a fake crack on your screen would be good

2 Likes

but changing it to anything else would not even be an insanity effect, rn many of the effects can make you feel sick, which i agree too. personally i don’t use insanity armor at all due to that. but what would you even change them too honestly?

Something that doesn’t mess with FoV and make the screen shake/pulse.

I shouldn’t have to miss out on a part of the game because it’s not accessible, also yes it would still be an insanity effect? I’d either change it to a color distortion, sounds or a less prominent FOV zoom

if possible maybe forcibly turns your camera for a second as if you pressed an arrow key
that would definitely fuck with you, maybe reserve that for ins 4+

I’ve seen recordings of some of the screen darkening effects, where all you can see around you are particularly bright magics like fire, light or plasma, and you can barely even see those.

We already have viable insanity effects, we just want the problematic ones that cause motion sickness to have an off button.

So, a lego game is making you physically sick via an insanity effect, and you have to miss out on the benefits because of that. And you’re concerned with “balance”?

Bro?

Sorry for not voting before. I was looking for someone with a reasonable objection against the change and just ended up giving up

uhhh yeah? It’s a game, its called “insanity” supposed to be a sickness like feeling. an effect that can be avoided. I’ll gladly lose out on a few stat points so i don’t feel sick. you have the option to choose so don’t see why it’s an issue.