Interchange lets you re-pick first magic upon consumption

Interchange lets you re-pick first magic upon consumption
effort 3.666666666666667 12 quality 3.538461538461538 13 reasonability 4.066666666666666 15

What’s wrong with your magic being too easy to change (1/4 stat builds) but not changing your stat build as a whole? Is magic somehow more important than your stat build for everyone? Do you actually think obtaining a 1/6000 item via luck or trading is too easy?

• The player has to choose their magic - a permanent, important, and unchangeable choice (which this suggestion and many others before it seek to change) - before they’ve played the game and know about it. This is straight up bad game design. You can’t reprimand players for choosing an unversatile class when they have no idea what that is. The warning is a bandaid fix to get people like to to unironically defend his game design choice.
  • Having a class be differentiated from others for being less versatile is dumb as a concept and dumb in terms of balancing. (I hope you don’t strawman this or misunderstand it, but basically aint no one changing their magic/fs/weapons in the middle of a fight, and being able to change it doesn’t affect the strength/balance of anything)

Also about the actual suggestion (topic of post): I’ve seen this idea thrown around a few times and it’s gotten good traction. I think It’s a good feature to add ontop of the interchange potion/stat reset button. Maybe there’s a better way, but this is a quick, easy, and generally okay way to do it.

1 Like

people do pick their magic right at the time that they are picking, but it is possible for their ideals and preferences to change, leading them to want a different magic

ALR then surely you would be fine if getting a magic reset item takes hours of time right?

(as i said before, i’m fine if the item is VERY hard to get as changing magic isn’t as devastating as making a mistake in stats)

because i don’t think people in the lore can just change magics like they are changing their morning tooth paste

vetex already said-

against BASIC QOL?!
bitch what the fuck are you talking about, this is not QoL in any universe
after this one i’m not even gonna explain, your worm brain wouldn’t understand

Yes. Basic QoL.
Every other stat archetype gets to swap around freely.
Explain what is different here without going into lore.

I could not possibly give less of a shit about what vetex already said.
This is basic QoL.

1 Like

I like how you ignore the limitations of Weapons and vitality cuz it doesn’t suit your argument

What limitations? They get to swap around skills quite freely and have much more choice than magic.

i’m fine with acrimonies, but not having to redo your entire file, there is no reason to have to redo literally everything just to change one (1) thing

that would happen to be what this suggestion is saying

your magic is chosen at birth, you never see anyone magically change theirs in any of the arcane series games or lore doc
the fact vetex even considered that and is willing to do it should be more than enough to please you metamancers

Basic QoL is fixing the many bugs the game has, adding in ways to get around many of the game’s flaws etc
this is just metamancy propaganda

without going into lore please.
lore is not and never will be a valid argument against basic QoL.

the V man doesn’t think so.
period

I don’t think it’s that dumb. Adding this feature would bloat the value of the acrimony, and only people who want to change their magic would be affected positively (other people are affected negatively due to price increase).

Nope, you want acrimonies to reset

i want a different entire item that’s even more rare then acrimony to be used for magic resets

actual sheep mindset.

what else am I supposed to call this?

basic thinking abilities
thank you

Well then I’d be lying.
You’re doing anything but thinking, you’re letting vetex think for you.

the people claiming it breaks lore don’t even know the lore, it says this right in the lore doc

you can learn whatever and however many magics you want in lore now, so changing your magic doesn’t even break anything

3 Likes

How about you quit the name calling and actually place a few points?

your literaly asking for a feature that takes less effort

I would rather have a magic reset item have a harder and more challenging method to obtain then using an rng item for it

rarer than 1 in 6000? you’re mad

1 Like

This being changed like this in the lore doc probably means that vetex is already planning to make magic changing just as easy as changing other classes.

Bud it’s seriously not that hard to get, i was randomly walking around harvest and got it in a wooden chest, YOU DO realize that getting an acrimony isn’t as slow as sunken right?