Introverts of AO, I need some advice

so like when I’m at school, (im the new kid in my class), I don’t like sitting next to people at all, I get really like paranoid for some reason so I just tend to sit alone and keep to myself and draw, the issue is that so many people keep trying to talk to me, but I just freeze up and keep quiet, I don’t know if they think I’m weird or not (I mean the voices in my head say they hate me already) so like I don’t know how to tell people I don’t want any social interaction

what should I do to prevent these awkward things happen to me? It’s really uncomfortable for me and there are a few repeat offender who keep trying to socialize with me despite how not willing I am to.

sit in the corner and don’t cause to much attention.
(If you are actually gonna seriously do it, don’t)

its funny because this happens to me alot if people wanna be your friend just talk to them! i never knew a few of my friends played roblox until i askede(talk about what you want to and put down the book/phone) =) just some advice

If you don’t like being around people then don’t worry about it all too much, you can try either being rude to push them away, apathetic to show you’re not interested, or just polite enough to let them know you prefer sitting alone. Try finding another spot to move to or sit if you want to be alone, if someone sees that you are not comfortable and they respect you enough then that won’t be a problem for them. Not interacting with people is the clearest sign that you don’t want any social interaction, so distance yourself from them.

Also work on that self esteem. At the end of the day you seem to just want to be left alone and if you’re going to spend all your time with you there’s no reason not to like yourself. Enjoy who you are, wholeheartedly so, because at the end of the day you are the only person there. I used to have the same issues but I had JROTC and later the Marine Corps to help me out when it came to how I view myself. I don’t know your situation, how you view yourself or what you’re like, but I doubt anyone looks at you and thinks “I dislike that kid”. Ultimately I’m sure they’re indifferent to you, for better too since you got that whole anti-social thing going on.

If you do honestly desire solitude then make efforts to achieve it, walk away when people walk to you, tell people you’re not interested in chatting with them, just do stuff that conveys your message clear. If you feel like you’re being targeted than work on standing up for yourself, this also helps if you have a moderate self esteem that you can use. Just work on being confident. For both the confidence, self esteem, and general positive stuff in your life I recommend working out but if you don’t want to for one reason or another than all good.

But this all starts somewhere, change does not initiate by itself. You must be the one to strive to make the change, you must be the one who makes those choices. You can stay where you are now or encourage yourself forward to somewhere better and more desirable. That’s about all I can say to help you on this road, good luck on both your self imagery and solitude.

1 Like

Why is this topic a meme though.

1 Like

4 Likes

thats the real question

idk I just wouldn’t assume a topic like this wasn’t very serious so I made it under meme category

bruh its not. we do shit on each other but social anxiety is a problem. Im being bold rn and assuming is social anxiety

1 Like

If you put in on meme then it’s gonna be like ameme and some people will just say something way off topic probably and won’t be seriously taken.

thats what i did, worked pretty well but you don’t make any friends so pretty bad idea

For some reason I like working alone (irl at least) just so I don’t hear arguments and shit like that :nod:
It gets mildly annoying, but yeah I know it’s helpful to be in groups.

same tbh but i need one friend or else i am a lonely fuck

this is definitely not going to make people like you
the only way to make friends is to talk to people, if you don’t want to talk to people, then you won’t have friends
clearly people are trying to be your friend and you can tell the voices in your head to shut the fuck up and leave me alone
nobody has a reason to hate you so get your sorry ass out of your seat and go talk to people

Tbh it’s only best if you have a group of friends that know eachother and know you so the argument , more productive of who they’re working with, and ideas that most of them can agree with instead of a 50/50 choice instead of some guy who just keeps walking off from the group not doing shit whatsoever.

i don’t like being in groups because whenever i talk to someone else my brain is like
“hey remember this super embarrassing thing you did?”

i just eventually became more open

problem one: i have no irl friends rn :frcryin:

nobody else remembers, your brain is an asshole

Relatable at least.