Is metal the worst magic in AO?

Compared to Earth, it’s smaller and slower all for a natural Bleeding status. You ain’t making them bleed when you’re slower than molasses.

Compared to glass, I think it’s the same size, but Glass is faster, always causes Bleeding, and has useful debris.

Unblocked

Blocked

earth:
size: 1.3x
speed: 0.6x
damage: 1.0x
inflicts 0.25x bleeding if it deals 33% of someone’s max hp or more

metal:
size: 1.2x
speed: 0.55x
damage: 1.05x
inflicts 0.2625x bleeding if it deals 5% of someone’s max hp or more

-0.1x size, -0.05x speed, +0.05x damage (0.0625 if u count bleeding), + much more consistent bleed
metal is still better imo but they’re roughly equal

bleed is basically worthless on metal if you wanna use metal to be able to consistently proc bleed when glass is literally right around the corner and procs bleed regardless of how much damage it does.

earth is way better for hybrids though, since it would give 1.2x size increase instead of 1.1x from metal
also earth gives 0.8x speed when imbued (before attackspeed formula)

the 0.25x dot that procs basically every attack is worthless uh huh

metal imbue would give 1.1x size and 0.775x speed idk how imbuement makes a difference

yea, it is.

considering you usually use bleed for synergy you would literally get so much more value from glass combined with something like ice.

not to mention earth has a far more potent bleed synergy which allows it to deal even more damage than metal

i don’t see what’s stopping u from going metal and ice

ur not ever gonna proc it with that 33% max health requirement

metal = slow
glass = fast

glass make bleed and leave ouchie parts everywhere

glass makes landing bleed much easier than metal

:open_mouth:

the imbued damage of metal and earth are pretty similar, but a 1.1x size and a 1.2x size difference for imbues is pretty huge
it can have a huge impact on size on for example a weapon
it literally gives you more size and speed on a weapon for a tiny bit less damage if you compare the two
(people used to think that wind conjurer was good because of the speed and size it gave. Earth is basically wind conjurer to metal, but with a way smaller damage penalty )

my brother in forums

ileg earth is a thing

ig ur right bc i rmemebered earth has bleed synergy

‎‎‎

soothing arcane odyssey asmr to study to (24 hours) [relaxing] :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

what is your point here you can block every attack with g

blocking an attack that moves faster than 1 m/s and blocking ileg earth is very different

attack speed ileg earth:

(which honestly isn’t that fast but your point basically makes no sense anyways and is completely irrelevant to the original point of the topic in which metal is outclassed in pretty much every single way)

atk speed metal - ice mage :moyai:

i agree that metal is sorta mid rn but it is in no way “outclassed in pretty much every single way”