Issue Resolved, Mods Shut This Down Please

In flare’s words, a hypocrite

I do check trusted chat, sometimes at least, I’ve seen most of the images that captured his messages inside discord and other communities.

But uh, not gonna lie, the people who kept berating Typo when he was asleep inside the trusted chat? It gave me that Church scene vibe in Omori LOL! not that I am sure of whose side is better (even though I am on none)

My wording here is off sorry, I am a bit tired.

I just woke up. What a good way to start my day.

For some reason I don’t feel any surprise. I’m mostly a quiet lurker and from what I’ve seen forumers tend to argue a lot here, and these arguments tend to get heated. We also already had some specific art so I wasn’t all that surprised to see spicytuna’s art one day. Art was actually kinda funny to me.
Pregnant banana thing… I don’t know. It’s existence is both funny and ridiculous to me. It’s a thing that you look at, feel all kinds of emotions and then bury it far away in the back of your head. Not really worth the attention.

Seeing how arguments are often occurrences here, I engage minimally. Honestly I would love to be more active and interact with community, but I just don’t want to get myself into some type of shit. The most I can do in topics is state my opinion and not engage any further, like I did on one wiki-related topic. Maybe minimal engagement is really good for keeping my mental health intact. I just wanna share my art with community and see thoughts about the game, that’s it.

I think the forum is just fine, hell, I prefer this place over the Discord or other AO communities. If EVERY game had a forum like this, I’d exclusively be using it. I’m a relatively freshly active user, I was not intimidated at all by the posts. That’s how forums work, it’s normal, stop being a purist.

If you think the forum is full of degens and other “horrible” things, you really don’t know how bad things can get. This place is the top of the iceberg and ranges from relatively to very tame. I say “suck it up” and let people be quirky in existing threads or making their own.

Edit: I do agree with the fact that people should have a filter. Forums are sometimes mean, there is no excuse for them to be this way though. Civil forums are best, insulting other users is no good for the health of it or of the community. I’m not saying heated discussions are bad, they should simply avoid call outs and rudeness as best as possible.

1 Like

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s the newgens; it’s just that the forum community’s has shifted focus.

Pre-Release every former was a person waiting for AO, and it was a bit more tightly-knit due to that. The community right now though has a variety of reasons for being here like for example: enjoying certain aspects of the game, they only like the lore, they only like the forum, or even they don’t like any of them really. This causes a sort of separation between everyone, we’re all here socializing but not for the same reason unlike before.

(Totally not fake) Tldr; release was so ass that everyone is a grumpy old person

2 Likes

why do i leave for half a day and the thread turns into whole ass essays :sob:

1 Like

well this thread is something, i might say something when i have time to write

Tsk tsk tsk… If you guys just listened to pierce the veil this wouldn’t have happened…

2 Likes

What the fuck is up with Dubious? He’s acting like a total asshole. I think the average Twitter user is more mature than that.

cant believe I found you inna comment section man :sob:, i finished your furry roblox oc commission but I cant talk to you in dms for some reason so ill have it ready whenever you can get in

That’s why we got to separate ourselves from these newgens…

Make the Forums Great Again!!!

:frowning:

I will inhale you

… well, the topic’s still alive.

I’m not sure if that’s entirely a good thing at this point.

this is why I need a :grey_question: reaction

i think i got my idea very across very clearly

Probably should just ask a mod to lock it.

Most people here need to at least take a walk outside to be honest.

Going to address a few of the points made overnight.

Should’ve explained the exact situation myself. Thanks I guess?

Okay, so—yes, strictly speaking, most people here are strangers. However, there exist rules and regulations for a reason. You’re expected to behave in accordance to certain guidelines to keep this place healthy. Simply saying “well, we don’t know each other” isn’t an excuse.

While this is an answer, the content that user posts is still available for other people to see. And generally, blocking is done after a significant incident. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to request that people not cause those incidents in the first place.

Perhaps, but that doesn’t mean we should just allow it to continue. These forums could be a lot worse, and I’d much prefer it if it was not. If this kind of behavior is allowed or accepted, the result will be a worse forum.

If you’re able to recognize your actions as wrong and actively are trying not to do them, then you’re already progressing on getting over your behavior.

If you’re feeling remorse for your actions once you see how they affect people, then you already have basic empathy. Empathy isn’t just continuously generated inside of you at little provocation. It flares when you realize something is deeply wrong, which you did.

oh man I hope I’m not apart of this