Just About The Worst RPG I've Played

I just wanted to start this topic to say this is just about the worst RPG I’ve ever played (on Roblox.) From the poorly programmed, spammy AI where every fight feels like the exact same fight that you’ve had with every other enemy, the dull powers which are almost all just variations of the same basic attacks, and the lack of quality of life features while also promoting a draining gameplay ideology of grind, fetch quest, grind.
The lack of any form of fast travel, meaning if you die and spawn on the other side of the map and want to meet with a friend, hopefully you have the patience to run the distance because otherwise there seems to not be a way to easily fast travel.
If there is a fast travel, it’s hidden in the game’s clunky and horribly designed UI and map, or maybe it’s hidden in the random, confusing key-bindings. T to high jump? Why not just long-hold space? CTRL to sprint? You’re not even using LShift for anything, so why?

I was having fun in this boring grind-fest abusing the AI’s god awful pathfinding to consistently destroy high-level enemies through a long process of movement tricks and well-aimed shots, but after the magic council put a 700 bounty on me, they got the better of me and took me down. I wasn’t too upset about losing the fight, it was a good run.
Then it hit me.
The five minute jail timer.

I was utterly infuriated. You are punishing users for playing the game in a way that they want to. (Such as committing crimes and attacking council members and civilians.) You are actively discouraging a path that is made readily available to the player. There is literally a fucking meter designed into your shitty UI that measures if you’re ‘Friendly’ or ‘Hostile.’ So you would assume that you would allow people to freely explore those sides without punishing them for picking one–and don’t give me some shit like “That’s just the risk you have to take when you’re hostile!” because no, that’s not. What happens when you get caught stealing, hurting, or killing in Skyrim? The guards will stop you, offer you a chance to pay a fine or go to jail, or you can attack them. If you go to jail, you don’t even have to go sit through an arbitrary wait time. You escape and steal all of your things back. If you attack them and they kill you, you still aren’t forced into an arbitrary wait time. You load back at your last checkpoint and lose nothing.

I am never touching this dumpster-fire of an ‘RPG’ again, and am truly horrified by the lack of any semblance of higher brain function from whatever cave-dwelling troglodytes came up with this shit.

5 Likes

38 Likes

You know to give your opinions more effectively, you shouldn’t just give a wall of text with just a few spaces. It’s hard to read.

+Dull powers
i kinda agree but they can range depending on yo play style
+Dull fights
yes, but u have to try boss fights rn or pvp
+No fast travel
Magius rn is literally 3km if u go straight, baby fingers cant hold w for 2 minutes
or wait for Boats to come out in Arcane Odyssey
+Lshift for nothing
buddy did u even do the tutorial or played it for 1 minute
+5 minutes
it wont kill you to just afk for that amount and just go back to it

Too bad nothing like a revamp is being done about some of these points

Oh wait-

19 Likes

Gonna say the special word… here I go
skill issue ezez

17 Likes

wom is bad

but it aint the worst

11 Likes

Wait until they play Shinobi Life 2

Shinobi life 2 is content deleted rn
lmfao

1 Like

F

skill issues indeed :100:

Sure WoM is bad

5 Likes

I gotta state facts bro

Honestly hold space to high jump would be the dumbest thing ever

5 Likes

You forgot to state toxic community bro.

1 Like

wah wah I want to kill people and not face the consequences

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you suffered no consequences?

3 Likes

WoM is pretty much an RPG that atleast uses realism as a feature. This isnt your typical generic RPG where you’ll only have to level up to gain new attacks and finishing up the story, it’ll literally have features outside that concept such as temperature, insanity, hunger, weather, camping etc.

Although some of those realism features not added yet, they are still planned in the trello. So pretty much if you dont like an RPG with realism, then WoM/AO isnt the game for you. Perhaps WoM is the worst rpg game you’ve ever played since it uses much more realism features that most RPG doesnt have,for example:

• Your jail time depends on your bounty since after all higher bounty = you’ve done a lot of fucking bad stuff recently, so it makes sense that you’ll get jailed for a longer time since just like in real life, the stronger the crime you’ve committed, the longer the jail sentence.

• If you have a really bad rep, NPCs will get scared of you, forcing you to find a negative reputation merchant. I mean who wouldnt be scared of a guy with a reputation of killing NPCs and threatening towns, that would legit make no sense.

• Not being able to easily escape jail on your own, legit it wont be called a jail if you’re easily able to escape and pretty much ruin the image of the Magic Council.

• Negative reputation players are forced to not kill or threaten a lot of times that could ruin the experience for other players or suffer to wait in jail for a long time. Now let’s say you we’re able to escape on your own in jail, then what the fuck is the point of adding them? I mean seriously it what universe do you live in where you think doing bad things will be left unpunished?

For me, WoM ( Soon to be AO ) is the best RPG i’ve played so far, well in terms of content. Although I hate to admit it, the status of WoM currently is bad since most of the time, it’s more so a walking simulator which is why it’s being revamped.

5 Likes

so what you’re saying is
you want a traditional roblox rpg, with little to no consequences, where you dont need a lot of effort?

also bro thats nothing

1 Like

You can hate on it all you want, a lot of people including the creator find the game bad, which is why it’s undergoing a complete revamp for the following ~3 months.
I would check it out then if I were you, but the core features you described wouldn’t be changing much I think.

Ok, but for some things you are plain wrong, so I will be Mr.Correction Man and set them straight:

Shift is for charging your magic energy, are you sure your talking about the right game?

Same thing happens, with some exceptions. If you break things, you are given a fine and 20 minutes to pay up or be labeled a criminal, I believe it is the same with killing people if your reputation is above neutral.
If you already have a bad reputation, hostile and lower, then they attack you as soon as you kill someone, which kinda makes sense.
You can still play the game and even interact with town NPCs with a bad reputation, you just have to be above tyrant and with no bounty.

The bad rep life is more punishing than good rep, you get chased harder for crimes, but gives more freedom. You are free to murder anyone, free to talk to anyone, and you get a cooler name colour ig.

Personal opinion here, but you’re attacking the single player experience of a multiplayer game.
I agree it’s not the best, but can get a bit fun at times with the boss fights. But the best parts of the game are player interactions.
I’m mainly talking about the PvP, but if you’re into roleplay ig that kinda exists as well, would not recommend though.

Also, the fact that you compared the game to Skyrim, assumed that Skyrim is an example of a game with a great NPC interaction system, and complained about the cheesable NPCs, you might be biased.

1 Like

I agree, best part of the game are the boss fights. They are actually pretty challenging.