Kristen Waters : An introduction

Howdy, I’m Bio! I’ve been playing an ice conjurer for AO and it’s been pretty fun! I’ve always wanted to expand the story of my own character, so I decided to start here :D.

Kristen Water, born to Lilia Water and David Water in frost mill village lived a life of an ice merchant. They lived in relative peace even with the occasional bandit attacks. Kristen would be the one to haul ice down the mountain to the villagers, while her mother took care to log the finances. David led the mining effort with his effortless carving of the ice caves.

The day started like any other, Lilia, David, and Kristen came together for one big hug before leaving to do their jobs. Lilia often teased her about not wanting to join in. It’s a treacherous journey sometimes. The ice is slippery and the cliffs are steep. But Kristen knew the cliffs like the back of her hand. She sold ice to everyone she could meet. To alchemist, Enizor, to the mayor, to the chef. It wasn’t long before the ice in her pack was gone. But even then, the sun was beginning to set, and she had to hurry home. Yet there seemed like something wrong…

The climb back was more windy than usual… It was like the wind was howling back at her. Don’t go. Don’t go. It almost seem to say. How she’d wished she had listened. As she vaulted over the last step back home, a sight Kristen wished to remove from memory unfolded. Two figures laid crouched together on the floor. A red dagger piercing though her mother’s chest and the hooded figure whispering something into her ear.

“…David’s gone now. He couldn’t save you.”

He pulls the blood stained dagger from her chest with a silent slice and begins to turn towards Kristen. There is pure terror in her eyes as she struggles to comprehend what just happened. And in that moment all that came to mind was to run…RUN. So she did. Down the road. Can’t go there. More cloaks were there. Down the cliff then. Carefully. You’ve done this before. Almost there… Down th- SPLASH! It was about halfway when Kristen lost her footing and plummeted the length of the entire cliff down into the sea. sniff “Mom…Dad…” were her last thoughts before fading into the crashing of the waves.

Jolt Kristen wakes up in some sort of upside down…boat? A voice echos from behind the barrels. “'Ey there”, “How’re yer feeling?” “…” “Bad”. “Not the talking type?”. A miniature sailboat pokes her in the face. He says his name is Thorin. Asked if there was anything that she could remember. She thought about it for a moment. Hesitant to relive those terrible memories. Yes… A red blade. The cloaked man with the red blade… The one who took away her family.

(And now the adventure begins!)

PS. This is her 3 years later, closer to the main AO story line:

Thanks for reading through all that and making it through. I know that my writing skills aren’t anything to talk about yet, but we gotta start somewhere right? Hope you enjoyed! To be continued…

Chapter controls

[Previous chapter] [Behind the scenes] [Next chapter]

9 Likes

sanest assassin when 1 fame

this is some quality writing you have right there!
also, welcome to the forum!

ice bullets, it be hitting hard

Thank you, happy you took the time to read all that