Turbulent Waters: Chapter 0.5

That one drowning scene from chapter 0 but I finally made a piece for it.

Chapter controls

[Previous chapter] [Behind the scenes] [Next chapter]

SPLASH!

Torrents of bubbles rushed past Kristen, creating a smoke screen between the sea and her view. They swam like fishes, darting towards the surface in hurried dashes. A strange sense of peace washed over her…She felt tranquil.

“Maybe this is peace, I can stop running…” She thought.

Then she remembered where she was.
By the time Kristen had snapped from her disoriented haze, she was already more than 5 oars length deep beneath the water. The fall was much farther than she had thought, as the currents started to pull her away from Frostmill’s shore of ice. That didn’t matter now, she had to SWIM!
“Make it to the surface!”
“Please”
A desperate struggle, but alas she was already too deep to make it. All she could do now was watch the bright searing flames of her village scorch her eyes. But even that too was beginning to fade. Her last breath had long exhausted itself. Breath had turned to gasps. Gasps, to chokes. Until finally there was nothing at all. The only thing she could do now was to hope that the currents didn’t take her into the depths of the sea.

“Mom…dad…

Endnotes: Oh yeah I also got the artist role, yay! I’m kinda torn between whether this should go in #art or #writing , but this is in writing for now I guess.

3 Likes

Finally…

Chapter 0.5

Oh wow… The drowning image, its ethereal and terrifying in the best way possible

1 Like