Let's discuss toggling PvP

Disregarding the ongoing argument, I would just like to share my opinion on the topic in this post’s title.

While rare, forced PvP is always stupid to deal with.

A PvP off switch definitely seems a little too extreme, however. It could be possibly abused in some ways. Here’s the real problem: It’s not pvp, it’s unreasonable players.

If someone fights you to try and take cargo, to claim an island for their guild, or to ask for a friendly duel, sure, that makes sense.

If they chase you for no reason across, say, the entirety of Ravenna, despite you telling them to stop several times over and you having no cargo/sealed chests, that is unreasonable.

Seriously, I had to ask someone else to get rid of them. But back on topic:
PvP isn’t the problem. It’s people. A server select list that includes the size (like we could do in wom) would solve not only pvp, but possibly lag too.

someone attacked my at lvl 89 for notoriety. He was lvl 125.

Yeah, stuff like that is what needs to be avoided. Unfair, unwanted PvP for the stupidest reasons.

just wait until the warden is added, you’ll become unkillable

no. it’ll just take longer to kill you.

but think of how much extra time you’ll have to run

with like 18 agility I’m already able to dash away. When I was attacked at sailor’s lodge for notority I dashed away so fast and was gone in moments. I just ran around the island. I don’t need to be a warden to escape players.

charon in a nutshell

That’s what they said about the player marker and they added that , let’s just listen to the demands of kids who don’t like the game for what it is

That’s the difference between features promoted by the game(bounty hunting/assassinations) and rking(which is just annoying af)

that’s probably the best solution if a non-pvp option was added

Disable boss drops too

i think boss drops are fine, i’ve never seen anyone else grinding a boss while i was so no chance of pvp

for every post in favor of some way to disable PvP I am going to attack a random max level (they will complain and it will be mildly funny)

5 Likes

ok lets play deepwoken

1 Like

Literally just happened to me last night lol, except roles are reversed. Some 2 guys wouldn’t stop tailing my Caravel in their Ketch. They weren’t attacking necessarily, just following for no reason. So long story short, I sunk them. Didn’t even kill them, just sunk their ship and left them to drown.

But on topic: in my opinion, PvP is part of the game. It’s an important part of the game. Whether it’s random killing or killing for a legit reason, it’s part of the game and I personally don’t ever want to see a PvP toggle.

I’ve seen other roblox games add a PvP toggle and I can tell you from first hand, it just ruins the entire PvP scene. Literally 80-90% of players will toggle it off and it essentially turns the game into a PvE game. And I don’t want that. There are plenty of RPGs on roblox already that are PvE only for people to play if you don’t like PvP.

3 Likes

challenge accepted

i don’t agree with this reason at all but as someone who doesn’t pvp it’s just an inconvenience but i’m pretty indifferent

Thank god for the player marker, it makes travelling so nice especially at night time