Let's discuss toggling PvP

the story is action tho, we still have boss fights and stuff

What’s with people saying the same thing twice and claiming they’re different

1 Like

there’s a difference I SWEAR THERE IS

Maybe not a difference in meaning, but literally ask anyone what the difference between RPG and RP is.

When people think of RPG, they think of a dungeon crawler, a game like Arcane Odyssey.

Ask someone about an RP game and they’ll probably say Adopt Me(:skull:) or Royal High.

everything on VR chat

ah yes, i sure do love playing role playing game games.

2 Likes

personally I think the current PvP really just drags down everything else in the game.
it just isn’t fun.
Even if it was balanced (its not) it wouldn’t be fun.

When I’m looking for a game to PvP in, I look for something grounded and melee without overreliance on combo mechanics, something that has weight and feedback.
Not hopping around in the sky at mach 5 shooting rapid percise projectile attacks.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there’s people that enjoy it, but PvP isn’t what I started playing this game for and I want no part of it.
I’d love to just be able to turn off fame/bounty or whatever else and become pvp immune because the game would be more fun for me for longer that way.

1 Like

rp is roleplay games which is where you get a group of people and you all speak “like this” and you all make a story or follow storyline together and make it up as it goes

rpg (even though it is an acronym for role-playing games) is games like dungeon quest, d&d, arcane odyssey, etc and they are called role-playing games because you play a role (such as an adventurer) and you usually have a goal

rpgs have action and story meanwhile rps just have story and the only action is in the way you speak

Or you’re forgetting there’s an entire other category called action games

Categories are not mutually exclusive

An rpg is a roleplaying game

You are playing the role of this amnesiac mc

1 Like

oh just kill me

1 Like

Pvp is NEVER gonna be removed or altered in a way to make it so you can’t be forced into it and
“forced pvp” is a WAY OF PLAYING THE DAMN GAME
GO CRY ABOUT IT

Ngl I was thinking of some time of “Off Duty” option which makes you “leave” the navy/assassins syndicate, you’re still in the clan however but going off duty disables fame/bounty gain and you can’t lose it.

Just helps out some grand navy and assassins syndicate players

IDK about emperors and monarchs tho :sob:

reading this shit was funny. Cause most people in here gave the most sensible answer which was pretty much boiled down to “get good at the game” which was an answer he wasnt accepting maybe because of low fps, high ping or other reasons. Should be obvious that a toggle pvp will never come to a game like this especially with leaderboard bounties and bounties in general. It’d be annoying to hunt a bounty just to hit them for a little box in the corner to say “you cant attack this person, they have pvp disabled”

the problem is that the PvP combat in this game kinda sorta sucks.

if it was fun combat I’d be down for all this competitive shit but its not so I’d much rather stick to anything else in the game without being bothered by random assholes.

nearly all of us got reported to a mod. gg guys nice knowing you :sob:

whats fun and not fun is subjective to some extent. I dont think arcane odyssey combat is for everyone but i know people who enjoy it quite a bit myself included

could just make it so either pvp is always enabled for bounties, or they just don’t appear on the bounty board if they have pvp disabled (could cause problems since servers don’t usually have many people to hunt)

I understand that, but AO pvp is about the furthest thing from what I enjoy for PvP.
I just want to not be forced into it because I don’t enjoy it in the slightest.
The only people I’m ever going to have a friendly fight in this game are my friends atleast until some major changes are made.

On the other hand, I do enjoy nearly everything else in this game because no other game on this platform does most of what this game does.

tis is true. but then what about high leaderboard players? emperor of the sea monarchs etc. Should they rlly be able just to disable pvp? these titles are supposed to implicate the players skill because you need to steal renown from others, defend it or grind it from farming rivals.

1 Like

I feel like the entire leaderboard system is flawed to begin with.
It encourages extremely toxic behavior and probably makes the game near unplayable for alot of people on those 4 lists.

I sure do love the idea of joining a server and instantly getting flooded with opposite rep players wanting my fame/bounty.