Let's discuss toggling PvP

good point, i would prefer if they weren’t, if you’re willing to be among the top players among the competitive leaderboard i say you’re fully open to pvp

either that or just make it so bounty hunts and stuff always have pvp enabled, since that’s the actual competition in this game

:chair: :chair: :popcorn: :hungry: :chair: :chair:

You guys are really tearing into this one, huh?

yeah let’s be honest the people who genuinely think the combat is good are on massive copium :sob:

and when people who come from real games with real combat come to arcane odyssey and say the combat is bad, vetex just says they’re “not willing to give it a chance” and it “has been working for years now” but let’s be real it just isn’t good :skull: :skull:

1 Like

Let’s close this topic.

I’d hardly call pvp a core feature.
Its tied into fame/bounty and that’s it.

Idk as its says: “Global PvP”
And yeah, if you disable local pvp then its will stop global pvp too.

1 Like

My criticism of the PvP: Everyone can leap high enough to clear power lines and do it every five seconds, making most people just aim for the opponent when they’re on the ground since it’s the path of least resistance.

This turns the PvP into a game of “navigating carefully to touch the ground optimally to avoid getting hit while grounded”, so most people resort to massive AoE’s that remove all sense of aim so they don’t have to laser-focus onto someone all the time to perfectly punish them.

Alternatively, you could argue that other games are the ones with terrible PvP, and airshots in Vetex combat are an important skill that is really hard to master thanks to everyone jumping around like crazy. This results in new players complaining that the combat is bad while the veterans that have learned a highly unique combat system tell them to “get good”.

Besides, when Deepwoken came out, wasn’t there a lot of complaints that the game was just a parry check simulator?

it feels like the skill floor to enter pvp combat is about 2 stories up and that’s not a good thing.

Imagine the pvp mechanic as a building with several floors with the entrance door sitting up on the third floor without any stairs.

3 Likes

you completely missed the part where we like everything else about the game.

yea, most of that is due to airshots and dash-grabs (rushdown) being needed to counter the strategy of “spam high jump and air movement options”

1 Like

honestly might be a deepwoken moment where some people really like everything BUT the permadeath and keep playing despite the permadeath

hey that’s exactly how I feel about deepwoken but instead of sticking around I left.
the pvp being bad is a much smaller issue than that to me, though.

as long as I don’t have to participate in it, I’m fine.

vetex stated in the rules that he wont accept suggestions that disable core mechanics like pvp and stuff. Thread over

just because it was stated doesn’t mean its a good thing.

then stop playing the game, pvp not getting toggled off probably

This isn’t a suggestion it’s a discussion

read

as long as AO doesn’t pull a deepwoken and find a way to weave its least enjoyable content into everything else, I’m fine.
that doesn’t make it not a problem though and it should be addressed, not instantly shut down because “nah”.

I usually have to attack players or go on a tour round the bronze sea to pvp someone. Even when I attack players they usually either run or we organize a trip to munera garden. If you’re getting rked by a player just join a different server. Especially if you’re positive rep. The chances of another troll not only rking you but finding you and singleing you out is very small. If you look at the server list you can see who rks and who doesn’t by looking at their player kills. And even then players with over 200 kills might still not be rkers but just pvp enjoyers at munera. (Granted I only know what EU servers are like, no clue what NA servers and players are like)

1 Like