Limbus Company Gameplay Thread

from what I can tell, the vast majority of ego are only good for 3 things:
Status infliction (in the form of buffs AND debuffs)
Winning clashes
Passives

Aside from some exceptions or using an ego against an enemy that’s perfectly vulnerable to it, damage typically is very lacking.

Eh, it costs a lot of sin resources and costs a fair bit of sanity because it’s a HE ego. It definitely good just because it’s a sanity healing ego, and is usable if you don’t have any other.

It also has a really strong corrosion which is basically only for Sunshower Heathcliff.

I would add a fourth category for recovery, which is any ego that heals health or sanity. And a fifth category for aoe damage egos like the two WAW egos or Ebony Stem Outis, maybe even Ardor Blossom Star Ishmael just because it rolls so high. But these are the only egos that are actually good for standalone damage.

And about your winning clashes category, most egos can win basically every clash, with a few exceptions like MD3H. If an ego is only good for clashing, that generally means that the ego is trash and has very little useful effects. A lot of egos will be like this because they either are for a specific archetype or were made early in the games lifespan (and PM didn’t how to design anything back then).

Are you shitting me?

now i have to grind for even more egoshards, yet again…

That’s the thing about limbus company, the grind never ends

Not until i take a break from this game after the “Yield my Flesh, to Claim their Bones.” Event.

get back to the mines

Did not expect this at all. A third WAW ego at the end of the season? And for gregor? And from the RR2 final boss?

Looks like it’s gonna be another high attack weight ego.

Some people are def gonna go crazy over Gregor in a feminine-looking outfit…

I might be able to roll for it, but I’d rather save for Walpurgis. I don’t have the shards nor boxes to get it as well, since I dropped all of mine for the BL banner. At least it’ll probably be a season 0 ego.

holy crap those visuals are fire :fire:.

obraz_2024-03-11_154555146

Back into the grind (why did i open the game again :pensive:…), and i’ve realised that this EGO Gift is more OP than i thought, allowing me to casually speedrun Kurokumo Clan-exclusive abno battles for free scabbards.

Are you kidding me? another new abno?
hopefully it’s not as bad as…Headles Ichthys, or something.

I must say, Drifting Fox might be a pretty good abno design-wise, not that hard nor too easy.
it’s gimmick isn’t as confusing as other abnos, especially if we compare it to refraction railway final abnos, you just break umbrellas to debuff it, simple as that.
Or you can wait for the event to do the work for you, if you are lazy.
probably one of the best parts i kept complaining about in previous abno encounters:the debuffs when breaking it’s parts are finally impactful, compared to other Abnos…they get barely debuffed by them, and they can still kick your ass even with alot of debuffs active.
It’s Final Struggle passive can easily be countered with an EGO, but if you have Kimsault…you can just slice them in half before they can proc Final Struggle.
Overall…very good abno, probably better than Alleyway Watchdog design-wise.

Is white Gossypium even good at all? it feels like a downgrade, since staggers are very useful for that double damage bonus.

depends on whether or not you’re running bleed, because that inflicts a lot of bleed, which can be pretty useful against the more resiliant enemies

it’s probably better off in focused encounters rather than normal ones though

yeah obviously lol, would be useful for boss abnos like shock centipede, so that no one will cry and the Fairy duo.

hmmm…wonder which one to choose, since the debuffs they have are pretty strong at this point in the game.

Poise, Bleed, Free money, and bleed

obraz_2024-03-11_215106274

The Kimsault pity…The Kimsault pity is real!

since i am getting close to Kimsault pity…do i spend all of my scabbards on egoshard crates (the non-selectable ones) or do pass exp to get 15 nominables tommorow?

The Kimsault pity! the Kimsault pity is real!

Featuring Dieci Hong Lu from extraction tickets (crazy).