Limbus Company Gameplay Thread

If your team is poise focused, that’ll just happen naturally.

poise focused teams synergize less than other archetypes (other than charge), but generally you’d pick something like the blade lineage ids since those synergize with each other while also having poise

sounds fun to snowball with

is it viable to focus on 2 different statuses or do most people stick with 1 exclusively to work around

One of the only times this works is poise + bleed
This is shown in the plum blossom status effect I just showed a bit ago.
“Unique X” basically means that its an offshoot of one of the archetype status effects.

its more viable to run 1 status but you can make certain combos work (mostly charge/tremor, poise/bleed, or i think tremor/sinking? (i forgot if thats one)

something to note is that I personally consider there to be 3 types of archetype teams:
Status (built around a status effect)
Association (built around identities of a specific organization)
Resonance (built around a specific sin affinity/bonuses from activating a sin affinity resonance [get multiple of the same affinity in a row])

Teams can fill in multiple, and usually, they tend to overlap with all of them. A status tends to give identities bonus coin/clash/base power when attacking someone with enough of that status.

Association tends to give buffs to specific identities, such as Blade Lineage meursault providing exclusive buffs to other Blade Lineage identities.

Resonance tends to give certain skills on some identities bonuses, such as extra offense level (+3 offense level = 1 clash power), triggering an extra unopposed attack, or even just massive damage bonuses (Blazing Strike is a skill that, at 6+ Wrath Absolute resonance, gets a bonus 120% extra damage, which is one of it’s two bonuses that bring it from just a 40 rolling skill to an absurd nuke. It also gains an extra 120% damage from the enemy having enough burn potency on them, around 40 I believe. It finally gains coin power from the sum of burn between all targets)

Tremor sinking isn’t really a hybrid, it’s just charge identities but quirky

I heard resonance isn’t actually that important of a mechanic from the video since I guess the damage buff isn’t a lot despite the tutorial saying it is

you forgot the “random strong bullshit go” team archetype

resonance is only on very specific sets of ids, its pretty niche and less useful than status teams are generally

Oh for most skills yes, it just increases offense level, but specific skills have conditionals based off of resonance, that benefit much, MUCH more from it

there’s also some passives that are triggered BY a resonance of a specific kind

take this skill for example, where resonance makes it far better than it would be on its own (higher resonance gives a chance for allies to do an extra attack for free, and with pride resonance you gain 20% pride damage)

The One Who Shall Grip detected, opinion invalid

free 20% pierce damage :mariomug:

Base Don:

in my case, i normally run a bleed team and use middle don

wait so like a resonate boost here would give you ANOTHER attack on the same enemy?

that’s pretty goods…

it would just give you a chance (unless you had enough resonance to get it to 100%), but it generally activates pretty often.
it only uses skill 1s though, so its not exceptionally big damage on most ids, still a nice benefit though.

a skill 1, the weakest kind, but yeah

other resonance bonuses include Middle Little Sister don quixote, who has a counter (counter gains +1 base power from every 3 offense level from resonance, rather than clash power) that at like 6+ envy resonance uses her skill 3 (the strongest usually) instead of her counter

her skill 3 is a 4 coin skill, so that bonus base power from offense level gets REALLY strong, especially when said skill 3 also gains EXTRA offense level from envy res.

aside from middle don which warmwater already mentioned, theres one more importantish case of resonance to talk about which is this passive
N corp Faust’s passive

at 4 lust resonance, get a good bit of sp on 2 allies, which is pretty helpful.
lust is the most common skill type as far as im aware so its generally pretty easy to get this rolling and start fights with a sanity boost