Lost Magic: Mercury

Mercury is a fluid magic of a liquid metal. As a magic, it operates as pure Mercury and thus is not toxic to touch (like dimethylmercury is), however its vapors are extremely toxic and can greatly harm those caught inside its clouds. Though also being a low-viscosity liquid (like Water, Ink, and Acid), it places just beneath Magma in how “heavy” it is.

Formal Description

Allows the user to control a lethal, silver-like liquid (can create Normal and Mastery skills)

Stats (debatable, as I'm not well-versed in PvP)

Damage/Affinity: 0.90

Speed: 0.95

Size: 1.05

Clashes

• 1.3 against Acid
  • 2.0 against Water
  • 1.45 against Ink
  • 1.5 against Fire
  • 1.1 against Earth
  • 1.2 against Ice
  • 1.3 against Lightning
  • 0.8 against Magma
  • 1.1 against Wood
  • 1.3 against Light
  • 1.0 against Wind
  • 1.3 against Shadow
  • 0.95 against Iron
  • 1.65 against Paper
  • 1.3 against Poison
  • 2.0 against Gold (absorbs it into an amalgm)
  • 1.3 against Plasma
  • 1.25 against Sand
  • 1.55 against Glass
  • 1.3 against Crystal
  • 1.2 against Snow
  • 1.1 against Explosion
  • 1.4 against Ash

Properties
  • Leaves behind puddles of a shiny luster and high surface tension. Not dangerous to step in at this form.
  • Puddles emit a toxic vapor when hit by Fire, Plasma, or Explosion, creating clouds and gradually shrinking the puddle with every hit
  • Puddles charge when hit by Lightning
  • Puddles become absorbed into Magma
  • Puddles become toxic when mixed with Water
  • Puddles hit with Gold expand and become more dense, possibly turning solid (there’s a lot I could do with this one interaction alone)
  • Leaks puddles when travelling
  • Vapor dissipates when hit by Wind
  • Creates a large puddle upon losing a clash
  • Gains toxic properties upon winning clashes against heat and liquid magics (heat magics make it “steam,” while Water just makes it apply some DoT called Minamata or Mercury Poisoning idk)

Sources

Feedback
UvadinVeliki

I used Iron rates as a reference, but I added it lol. Idrk why I thot Wind would win against it lol.

Aight, I’ll add that

There are two gaseous magics (Poison and Ash), but it still loses so bias my ass. Idrk what mass has to do with it (also not a gas magic), but if you could elaborate I’m down to add it.

LonesomeWolf

Ye I’ll add it

Level_11

I nerfed the stats a bit, but if you’ve actually seen Mercury move it’s really fluid so it’d be around the speed of Water. The damage was nerfed more harshly since it’s still a liquid and thus probably wouldn’t hit that hard, as well as the fact that it has immense potential with its puddle and vapor interactions.

Jupiter

Ehhh, I think Mercury sounds better, plus it’s pretty commonly known as the element too. If not they can look it up.

Ya, roblox doesn’t have a good thing for liquid metals (very niche), but obviously i don’t want it to be a gray liquid (hence the description saying “shiny luster”)

I’d vote but, I am out but I wanna say one thing, I can’t see vetex adding any community suggested magics

Equinox

That was community suggested really : D

Ya . He added it 'cause people wanted it (and it ain’t like this is the most out-there magic, nor is it nearly as redundant as Nature magic)

Lost magic of liquified metals :poggers2:

Clash rate against iron is missing.
Also seems a bit weird for it to lose to wind, it would take a really strong wind to blow away something as dense as mercury, something solid like earth, wood or ice should have a better chance against it than wind imo.

Also it would be cool if when clashing, or only when losing in a clash, against heavy magics it makes puddles as well. Idk if other liquid magic already do this, but if not it would make sense that it falls tot he floor after getting blown out of the way.

Also why would ash lose the easiest out of all the gaseous magics? Maybe sand should lose the easiest because it has the most mass or something? I smell bias…

Otherwise seems pretty cool, the base stats are pretty high, idk if lost magics should have them like that, but if they do then it’s all gucci imo.

2 Likes

so it’s legit magma and poison combined?

More like Acid and Ash, but basically that lol

so it’s pretty dang toxic

nah mercury would be cool

One thing you should specify is that the attacks will also gain the properties if it wins in a clash. For example, if a mercury mage beats a (obviously) lower leveled gold mage, the mercury blast would expand and become more solid.

I think I said something similar in the Gold-Mercury amalgm part

1 Like

The puddle interaction? I was just asking to specify it for clashes.

Uhhh

oh yeah, mb.

Possible description: Allows the user to control a lethal silver like substance, can create normal and mastery skills.
(I know the magic tiers are being reworked so whatever level allows it to create mastery skills)

can’t spell dimethylmercury without meth

This is a big no, high damage with normal speed is gonna turn this into pre-nerf paper magic.

voting anyway, this si just a suggestion this could be different

Wait uh, where’s the magic size stat

Like I said, the stats are debatable so do you have an alternative? (Water’s like 0.95 and Iron’s a 1.1 without bleed iirc)