Lost Magics have an official obtainment method, and it's bad news

Do you mind if I call you up next time I have a problem with Hyperspace?

yeah sure :st3:

Well… at least mutations are canon again???

True, we got that.

Kind of? They’re not the mutations of AA, they’re a (ass) middleground between all conceived magic systems of AA

Actually yeah. The main problem is with gameplay, and the other main issue is how the obtainment method effects the lore, so it’s not good from a gameplay or lore standpoint.

Mutations but instead of it being something gained through extensive training that’s based on your personality you just find a silly shard

Ngl that’s one thing about minds that made no sense, it was based on your personality, goals/aspirations, and likes/dislikes. All of those can change overtime so was it based on the moment or did your mind look into your future to see your overall vibe, goals, and pet peeves?

My theory is that mutations were just character development, and the magics change when your personality crap changes.

morden about to get the pacifist bum magic :fire:

Might be a hidden gem of a theory, keep it hidden tho

water can mutate into mud right guys?

Personally, I think it would’ve made sense for mutations to come from the player’s choices over the course of the storyline. With each mutation having a pre-requisite requirement. The player would almost certainly meet at least two requirements, so they have an actual choice. (They could also choose to not mutate and to do so later)

Yeah but then people would complain about having to choose specific options to get the magic that they want

It’s still effectively their choice.

You want a specific one? The wiki will have it in three seconds after release.

Do we really want to make this game even more wiki-reliant? Plus some people might want to be an evil guy with a “good” magic so their evil choices would prevent that meaning that the mutation was in fact not their choice

how i feel about vetex adding hades just to go “hahaha it was hades puppeting durza the whole time, not durza having his own agency!”

5 Likes

I’m more referring to the dialogue choices and spare / kill thing.

Also, you say “wiki reliant”, but most hardcore players probably check it anyways for drop rates, stat builds, and loot routes, so…

AO really shouldn’t strive to be more wiki dependant imo. it’s better to give players the option to choose immediately rather than have them look back at the wiki every time they make a dialogue choice and ruin the immersion

1 Like

for someone lobotomized by white fire you’re speaking nothing but FACTS